Thread: New to forum v12 power

New to forum v12 power

Hi all i am new to this forum one day i want to build a replica.
    I have still dont know what car to built but i like the Lamborghini Diablo,Countach and also Ferrari 512tr.
    I am in Canada and i heard that NAERC sales nice product but
    some one told me that some guy in Vancouver BC makes the bodys for them any one know who the man is.What is the product like is it really the closest to the real thing.What about the 512tr who makes the nicest and most original body for that one.My first project would be finding a engine no engine no car.My think that the BMW v12 powerplant like the
    M73 , 5.4L ,326hp or S70 from the 850CSI , 380hp or in Europe
    thay make the ALPINA what makes 416hp and more.On Lambolounge i have seen some guys use the BMW , but what
    about a 92-93 Mercedes v12, 6.0L, 48valve,406hp,428lb/ft that would be a close replica and it sounds owesome.Wold it work with the audi tranny.Is any one out there that is using the Merc. power ,how big is it ,woud it fit in a Diablo.Let me know what u all think.

Re:New to forum v12 power

A few months ago I saw a newly rebuilt 1986 Countach engine and tranny combo sell on ebay for $4grand... you might be able to find something similar on ebay or some other resource... i mean... wouldnt it be best to have a lambo engine in a lambo kit car?

-DRye

sounds nice but gas is $2.20 here in San Diego Califonia and is expected to reach $3.00 (Acording to the news)I read that a camaro 3.4 will fit and with a few modifications you can boost the horse power.I live in a mid size city with lots of stop and go trafic. I am happy with my 2.8 liter 140 horse power, little rocket.
    Got this from another sight:
    A Camaro 3.4 in a Fiero
    We had a drill guide plate manufactured that allows drilling and tapping starter mounting holes on an assembled 3.4 longblock. After that it is simple to redress it with all the Fiero V6 parts so that it looks EXACTLY like the original engine. The 3.4's have a plug where the distributor installs (even TDC, but head is in the way, tried that to see if we could run TDC with Fiero computer). Just remove plug, install distributor, and you'll find the distributor hold down bolt hole is even threaded! There are a few easy bracket modifications to do or that we furnish.
    The 3.4 needed is used in 93-95 Camaro's and Firebird's. It is also available new from GM Performance as a replacement for S-10 and Blazer. Larger flow rate injectors have to be used and don't come with the "crate" engine. Would have to be purchased separately. They will come with engines pulled from wrecked cars.. Must use the 3.4 injectors, or 305 chevy (both will "clip" to the Fiero fuel rail). We also use an adjustable fuel regulator to be on the safe side. Have found different engines (depending on cam and exhaust headers) like different pressures.
    There are a few other minor mods as well as the major one of changing starter sides. We are charging $450 to modify the block. If you are auto, part of the 3.4 needs to be cutaway to clear the trans. Not necessary for std trans. The bolt hole that takes the bolt from the pass side, lowest bellhousing one toward the trunk, is threaded in the 3.4 and needs to be drilled smooth. The oil pressure sensor tube needs an adapter, 3.4 blocks are minus one of the bosses that the engine shock mounts to. That boss is also where the a/c adjusting bracket bolts. Cure is: shock mount bracket with bolt welded from the back to become a stud. 88's will then need 85-87 a/c bracket.
    A modified 85-87 front engine mount bracket must be used on the 88 engine cradle if you use the 3.4 oil pan. 87-88 timing covers will work with 3.4 pan, otherwise use cover and pan from 85-86 2.8. 3.4 dampner needs to aligned with the 2.8, and new timing mark cut. Lower bellhousing bolt hole (trans side) is threaded on 3.4. Drill out threads for bolt coming from opposite direction to transaxle. Reducer bushing necessary for oil sensor tube. Clip wires from 3.4 cam and crank sensor and leave installed, is easiest way to plug these holes. (crate engines come with plugs) Remove 3.4 oil cooler, and install 2.8 filter adapter. 3.4's need neutrally balanced flexplate/flywheel which 88 2.8's already have. A 4-5 lb heavier flywheel available for 3.4TDC from Chev for about 1/3 the cost of 88 Fiero. (They are identical except for weight).
    An 87-88 Fiero timing chain cover will work with the 3.4 oil pan. You would need to use both your 85 or 86 pan and cover, as a set. It also requires a Fiero water pump instead of the 3.4's. Most folks want a new water pump installed, plugs, wires, belts, maybe a clutch at this time. Since the cost of transferring all the old parts is included, there is no further labor charge if they are new parts, just the cost of any new parts you might want/need. Can't give an exact price, since it would depend on you, and the purchase cost of the 3.4
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

that cool, a V12 conversion eh?

I was thinking of a conversion like that a while back, basically the power plant i was gunna go wit, was a 5.0 L V12 from a 1992 850 series BMW. The only problem with the V12 conversion is that getting it to physically fit in the chassis is gunna be rather difficult if not impossible (for a fiero) Now for a V12 conversion a custom tubular built chassis would be much more realistic for a V12 replica build. In my opinion i would rather stick with BMW powerplants just do to the fact that there alot more parts and addons readily available compared to lets say a Jaguar. try visiting www.lambolounge.com and also try looking http://www.ifgonline.com/chassis_options.htm although i think it is a bit overpriced, try contacting Brian Wolfe here in Toronto he makes good chassis at a reasonable price, try this link http://users.netconnect.com.au/~kara...droadster.html good luck!

Marcello Trubiani

kitcarnut

This is my opinion only,
    why Mercedes or BMW? if they come cheap maybe ,the cost of mods and service you may as well get real car. If you need it for power ,there are lot of GM 6 and 8 that can produced good amount of HP you could not be able to handle.
    frankly I did not see any stretched Fiero rebody that can go over 70MPH yet.maybe there are few.
    some guys can't even back up the Lambo into a parking spot.
    so lets get first pen and paper ,prepare your self how much this whole thing gona cost.with any kit, you need few coins to start with.Good luck and welcome to this forum ED.

thats very true

i may not be kit car owner or builder but things get real
    expensive...

you sound like you
    a. robbed a bank
    b. are royalty from UAE (aka arabia)
    c. live in beverly hills
    d. have no clue on pricing

remember that a tiny part can cost you $2000 to fit or fix
    and youre talking about a whole car...
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com