Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DNR and Wild Style Exotics

DNR and Wild Style Exotics

Anyone know anything on these companies? Im pretty sure both of them are out of business, but did they do good work? What happened to them? Any info would be great. My recently purchased Diablo Roadster has a trail going back to them but I really cant find out anything about them.
    Thanks

Re: DNR and Wild Style Exotics

Wild style was another builder for IFG as far as I know but they went out of business back in 05 from what I know and D&R Replicars is back as Total performance. I know a lot has changed about them to the point were I couldn't even tell you about their were abouts except the guy who runs their youtube channel douche.

Quote Originally Posted by luapynot
    Anyone know anything on these companies? Im pretty sure both of them are out of business, but did they do good work? What happened to them? Any info would be great. My recently purchased Diablo Roadster has a trail going back to them but I really cant find out anything about them.
    Thanks

At the peak of the diablo replica business, D & R was suppliing the best fiberglass kits out and more user friendly than other kits on the market. Their kit were not accurate but were accurancy lacked quality & finish was above all.
    D & R has teamed up with total performance and now they supply & build kit near ashville S.C. I bought my roadster body from total perfomance back in 05
    Wildstyle was a builder for D & R and they put out a decent finished car. Toward the end of their business things started going down hill.

I cant post pics now but I have a collections of almost all the cars both companies built.

Posts pics of your roadater....

Thanks,
    Thats about the same story I got from the seller of my car. I just didnt know if he was telling me the truth or just what he had heard. The car is on its way here to Texas from that area. I will post some pics as soon as it get here.

http://2000kits.com/

That is the website where you can see what they have to offer. Tom and Rick both are outstanding guys to talk to. I have been to there shop on several visits and always welcome me in and answer any questions I have about my build. I am getting a 6.0 splashed by them hopefully soon.

Is this your car. Great car and great deal man. Congrats.
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2133002108.html

Be careful of buying cars from the area without going to see them. A guy named Roger Shelton/RKS designes scamed alot of people
    Those pics look very familiar almost like The last car Gabe (wildstyle) was selling a while back.
    If this add is legit someone's buyig the best deal yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrieguz
    Be careful of buying cars from the area without going to see them. A guy named Roger Shelton/RKS designes scamed alot of people
    Those pics look very familiar almost like The last car Gabe (wildstyle) was selling a while back.
    If this add is legit someone's buyig the best deal yet.
    That IS the car and the deal is legit, seller was in need to sell so he dropped the price quite a bit. Originally he wanted 17k. When you said d&r and wild exotic , I knew exactly which car you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by redhammer
    Is this your car. Great car and great deal man. Congrats.
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2133002108.html
    Thats the one. I think I got a good deal on it. I just never got any real good pics of it. All were taken with a cell phone and very grainy. The seller is a super nice guy, I have no fear of being scammed. Im just concearned about how well its put together up to this point.

Roger was not always a scammer, he did build some very nice cars. Then took on too much work, way too much and a very talented guy that worked for him left named Barry. Down hill from there and some bad things happened. Barry went to work for Tom at total performance and when barry left tom, tom hired rick(the" R" in D&R). Barry was in fayetteville near this cars location. Last I heard, he was in germany. Great deal if it is in fact legit.