Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about this F40??

What about this F40??

I found this video in youtube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QatsSKl_Z0&feature=fvst .Really will be molded from original F40???

What do you think?

Re: What about this F40??

I would say, not moulded from a real car.

Front headlights and bumper are shaped wrong.

Thanks

I donīt know why nobody make a 100% exact kit of F40... Is a beautiful car...

As Im finding through out my build it is a bunch of work from the interior duct system that are attached to the quarter panels and the frontend and rear end. The ducting attached to supply air to the brakes and engine. Its alot of stuff underneith the surface that most people dont see..I think the demand for the body is not as high as the Lambo stuff as well. Thats just my opinion. Later Luke

The video and resulting web site are the fellow down in New Zealand. An incredible replica of the real thing for sure.

As for this kit, I translated the text that came along with the video but it did not help in understanding what the kit is and what it might be sold for. Has anyone emailed the builder to see if more info can be obtained?

The kit in this thread may not be exact to the F40 but I find it is much closer to the real thing than most of the Fiero kits out there. It is the correct length and the front fenders and rear fenders have more of the characteristic swoop to them rather than the more angular edges etc. of the Fiero replicas. the roof line also looks better and seems to be lower than the Fiero kits.

Not perfect by any means but closer than other kits out there. It all comes back to replica vs. copy of original. The Fiero kits look good but there are obvious differences. This kit looks to be closer in a lot of the lines. The New Zealand replica would be so close to original but comes with an incredible price tag to get it there. Lukester is building an F40 from plans and real body parts so you can't get much closer than his. It is all in how close do you want it to be. My opinion only.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    thanks but they donīt sell the kit

you should talk to enzo designs if you want an accurate body. They build the top end f40 reps. don't expect it to be cheap but you really do get what you pay for in this industry

Quote Originally Posted by 8c
    you should talk to enzo designs if you want an accurate body. They build the top end f40 reps. don't expect it to be cheap but you really do get what you pay for in this industry

THANKS

do you know if have the exact measures? I donīt found any photo in his web

That is true enzodesign is probably your best bet for an accurate F40. Also 8c is correct you will have to pay for it. Good luck I can help with chassis info if you need it.