Thread: enzo design preview

enzo design preview

http://www.enzodesign.co.uk/preview just seen this whilst googling looks very good from cad

Re: enzo design preview

WOW! Porsche based 458. I'd like to see that!

this is nice ... i was expecting a 458 kit to come out soon.

It's my understanding (and only because I recall it getting mentioned in the past), that Enzo was only ever going to build four (or five?) of these at this stage - something about infringing trademarks if they built more.

I've no doubt they'll be along to correct me if i'm mistaken, and the idea of a replica like this built on the Porsche platform is amazing, but don't get your hopes up just yet!

Quote Originally Posted by somejohn
    It's my understanding (and only because I recall it getting mentioned in the past), that Enzo was only ever going to build four (or five?) of these at this stage - something about infringing trademarks if they built more.

I've no doubt they'll be along to correct me if i'm mistaken, and the idea of a replica like this built on the Porsche platform is amazing, but don't get your hopes up just yet!
    well .. aren't we still waiting for pics of their BMW - Ferrari California replica???

Quote Originally Posted by Rob123

well .. aren't we still waiting for pics of their BMW - Ferrari California replica???
    My understanding there (and again it's only what i can recall so I'm happy to be corrected) is that they, again, only made 4-5 of them. They were used for a relatively well-known movie last year and I believe tree was some form of non disclosure agreement with the film company that, for the moment, stops them from selling further versions or releasing further information online at this time.

There was a discussion on here around six months ago, they had even gone as far as to develop a working folding hard top from a Peugeot CC..

I'll not go into the California in depth as I have a good fiscal reason not to. In law you don't get copyright or IPR protection until you have 1st article available for sale in a public domain now you'll understand why we took and kept covered all but the bonnet and wing of our californication kit to stafford 6 weeks prior to the Paris motor show and made sure it featured in a magazine picture we made only 4 that is another legal reason, copyright applys to production of this is considered to be 5th product or intention to make and sell more than 5.
    The preview link is a hidden link unless my web upload has made it appear so I don't know how you found it recently
    Long time back I bought 458replica.com did the cad and posted on here, I also said we won't make it until the finalised convertible details are launched
    We recon on Honda del sol style glass roof or panamerica revolving roof
    First spy shot it'll be made!
    For now I'm quite happy with the 3 real 458s I'm doing an aero pack on for a local race team, ah yes local factory Ferrari team and all those parts they need me to mould too!
    Now you'll see the reason we've spent the last 6 months making all our plastic and foam techology parts for the 430 gotta learn somewhere!