Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Discussion About Extreme Sportscars

A Discussion About Extreme Sportscars

Hey guys,

Doing a bunch of research on this particular Kit Manufacturer and figured this would be the place to post.

I run a small Rental Car business in New York City, and was looking at purchasing some of their completed vehicles to add to my fleet.

Over the last month or so I've had an email dialogue with someone named Damien Zacki.

Now one of the most disturbing things about my communication with this individual has been their tremendous amount of spelling and grammatical errors.

Although he does a fairly decent job at answering my questions, the communication is very primitive and child-like.
    There are even a few spelling mistakes on their main website.

At first I thought he was checking his email on his phone, and perhaps in a rush to type....but there are 6-7 emails where a small level of suspicion arises in my mind.

Numerous spelling mistakes are usually associated with scam websites or products, located in countries with very little law enforcement.

Can anyone advise me of their dealings with this company?
    Has anyone in the US actually purchased any of their products?
    Are they high quality products? Or are they primitive like the ones sold at CarKitInc?
    And most important....are their communication skills always so strange?

I'd sure like to hear back from anyone out there.

Thanks.

Re: A Discussion About Extreme Sportscars

I think you will find that 3 factors are compiling together here.
    1. you don't have to go to university to start a kit car company.
    2. there may be an age difference between you and him.
    3. UK to USA culture/language can be quite different.

The warning signs you are getting are for the wrong reason, they are not scammers.
    Extreme are legit, they bought a damaged murcie repaired it and splashed the body.
    The kit is good but not easy to build = expensive.
    The only problems seem to be with missing parts in the deliveries and the hassle envolved to rectify these issues.
    My 2c
    Nick

http://extremeoc.co.uk/index.php

Excellent products, no question.

If you are worried, why not contact DNA.

Supposed to be a very good bunch of guys. And they are also in the US.

DNA dont do Murcis? I think thats what hes looking for or I could be wrong. I can say that I have completed a 360 replica that I purchased from Extreme a few years back, so they are genuine.

Hello,

Thanks for all the replies.

Well, obviously Extreme will refute the fact that there are "missing parts" in their delivery, so did you have personal experience with ordering their Kit?
    Regarding your other comment about being expensive, I've been in the car business over 20 years, building a high quality vehicle using simple Fiberglass panels can be difficult....and labor is ridiculously expensive.

I'm not really concerned with cost...but would anyone care to elaborate on "missing parts"?
    What exactly was missing?
    Did Extreme handle any problems in a professional manner?

Who exactly is DNA, what do they manufacturer, and what is their contact info?

GTO...hows that 360 working out for you? What did you use as a donor?

I'd suggest you to have a look to the Dave Jones kits (http://www.mr2kits.gbr.cc/2410/frames.php) ; my point of view they are the best and maybe the easiest to build. About extreme I read a lot and many customers reported missing parts in the kit crate a long waiting time to get these parts delivered; it's also a difficult kit to be build but it's a real clone of the real car (excluding interior), better than others in terms of size.

Take a long look through the extreme owners club website and you'll see what is meant about missimg parts.
    In the past a customer would pay a % upfront and extreme would take the order, come the final payment when the parts are ready for collection or delivery that's where the trouble may start, take a murci build as an example, the most common is the front windowscreen, this is and an integral part of the build, now some have said off the forum that extreme promise delivery but take ages to come up with the goods, the impression is if you publicly complain the delivery seems to take longer, so only a few dare give the truth about the problems they've had if any.
    DNA Automotive are regularly on this site just search for them, they're currently showing off their 5cudo interior
    D

Hi fella,

I run both the Extreme and DNA owners club forums. I started off buying a 360 kit from DNA (build diary on here somewhere), completed and sold that. I then purchased a Murci kit from Extreme and I'm on with that build at the moment. Both companies are defo not scammers. The DNA kit was an easy build compared to the Murci, but the Murci is a completely different type of kit. DNA made the 360 panels fit the car where Extreme made the car fit the Murci panels.. hence the 10 inches you move the whole engine back. I have heard of missing parts but generally I've also found that part payment is to blame. I myself was waiting on a few parts but this was because they hadn't been made yet and Extreme being messed about by there suppliers. They also went through a bad period by employing someone who didn't have there best interests at heart, thankfully that person has now left and things are getting back on track there. As far as I'm aware all parts for the Murci build are available now. DNA have also now released there Scudo, which from all account looks the dogs... Have a read on both the owners clubs website sites.. www.dnaoc.co.uk & www.extremeoc.co.uk

Thanks

Steve

DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Quote Originally Posted by TheChamp
    Hello,

Thanks for all the replies.

Well, obviously Extreme will refute the fact that there are "missing parts" in their delivery, so did you have personal experience with ordering their Kit?
    Regarding your other comment about being expensive, I've been in the car business over 20 years, building a high quality vehicle using simple Fiberglass panels can be difficult....and labor is ridiculously expensive.

I'm not really concerned with cost...but would anyone care to elaborate on "missing parts"?
    What exactly was missing?
    Did Extreme handle any problems in a professional manner?

Who exactly is DNA, what do they manufacturer, and what is their contact info?

GTO...hows that 360 working out for you? What did you use as a donor?
    My car turned out pretty good, I painted it myself and that is my only regret. I will be getting it professionally painted soon, the donor is a Peugeot 406 coupe 3 litre.

Those customers who say they have missing bits probably didnt pay for them and expected them free or the courier lost them in transit.