Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ferrari dino kits returns

ferrari dino kits returns

www.jhclassics.com
    last year i was out bidded on a ferrari dino replica made by jhclassics, they haven't been around for ages and to see one for sale is rare, i was gutted i lost out on it but now there back in business
    using the more reliable toyota mr2 as a single doner instead of the old fiat/lancia.
    looks like a good kit to me,
    there not many classic kits out there, i would love to have a decent 250 gto or a mercedes 300sl but no one seems to want to make these kits
    talking off 250 gto's , whats happened to the california 250 gto kits?

Re: ferrari dino kits returns

Quote Originally Posted by disilva
    www.jhclassics.com
    last year i was out bidded on a ferrari dino replica made by jhclassics, they haven't been around for ages and to see one for sale is rare, i was gutted i lost out on it but now there back in business
    using the more reliable toyota mr2 as a single doner instead of the old fiat/lancia.
    looks like a good kit to me,
    there not many classic kits out there, i would love to have a decent 250 gto or a mercedes 300sl but no one seems to want to make these kits
    talking off 250 gto's , whats happened to the california 250 gto kits?
    Lone Star in Texas makes the old SL300

http://www.lonestarclassics.com/lsc-...00-kit-car.cfm

Looks like a good kit

I had previously thought that a Dino built on an MR2 woud be a good seller. I am interested in a classic replica, but dont have the mechanical knowledge to build one from the ground up.
    I am keen to see what it looks like when finished, but I am concerned that the front and side on photos just don't seem to look right.

http://cgi.ebay.de/300er-Fluegeltuer...-/250728953440

http://www.wittera.de/cobra/start.html

they do as well build 300sl's but on a 1st gen slk but i think that i heard that they dont sell kits anymore only tunrkeys...
    they also have a countach, cobras 550 spyders vipers and so on ... they are located in germany

I just went and checked out the site and initially I was very happy to see how the panels looked on the car. But after seeing all the pics I'm not sure it looks that good. To me it's about the same as the fiero Dino replica which is okay but still looks a little odd in places. Overall, I'm a little disappointed that after 13 years this is what JH Classics is doing. I wish they'd go back to the lancia donor or try and use a closer looking donor to a real Dino like the Elise S1. But then who would want to sacrifice their Elise and or spend that much on a donor.

Just my .02

The Dino is back! Very good! If you look for a 250 California see here: http://www.calspyderii.com/Welcome.html

I have been interested in the Dino for years as well.

I took a quick two side shots from the JH website and overlaid them to get an idea between the original JH Dino and the new MR2 Dino. They have done a pretty good job overall and I think lowering the MR2 one would make a difference.

Overall, not a bad reproduction of the Dino.

Cheers
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I have been interested in the Dino for years as well.

I took a quick two side shots from the JH website and overlaid them to get an idea between the original JH Dino and the new MR2 Dino. They have done a pretty good job overall and I think lowering the MR2 one would make a difference.

Overall, not a bad reproduction of the Dino.

Cheers
    Don

J H Classics sold the original production moulds via Pistonheads i think it was in December last year a friend managed to find their facebook page. looks like they are developing new mechanicals for the car looks promising. Never really been a fan of body kits always loved the original J H Classics (Deon) cars though.

Have their facebook link here
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeHavi...42529139135435

Does anybody know how accurate the kit is?
    And know the firm? Are they thrust worthy?

Depending on which one you are asking about.....

MR2 version of the Dino. You can see from the pics that there are several noticeable differences. No idea on the company though.

he JH Classics are very close except for a drooping nose area. The replica nose is noticeably lower than oem but other than that, the car is built on a tubular frame and can use oem pieces so it is very close. even uses the original Alfo Romeo V6 and suspension that Dino used. Company has had good reviews from what I read back when looking at it. I also communicated with them and they were going to work with me so I could get it shipped to Canada as that is a pretty arduous process. Never went through with it though. Do a Google search on the company and you will get some threads and a web site.

There is another one made by Norm of Norm's Fiberglass and is being documented as a build by V8Archie over on Pennock's.
    This one was pulled from an original Dino and then adjusted for width, sail panel height, rear glass and front trunk/screen area fitted to the Fiero shapes. The fenders and basic shapes are oem Dino. Norm doesn't actively advertise this one so you would need to email him and ask about it. He still has the molds and still produces them under the radar.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV