Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This could be interesting

This could be interesting

http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/...tcar/info.html
    It looks like they have been working on the mid-engine chassis for a while. I am anxious to see it.
    I hope the final winning body design looks better than that scratchy little sketch.

Re: This could be interesting

anybody have more info or pics.

Smart to offer a car geared towards te import crowd. Sounds like it will be sick!

The sketch on that page has peaked my interest!! can't wait to find out more about this!

That sketch seems a little Attack like

is there a blog or build thread showing progress on this project

I assume that soon (tomorrow is the starting date) there will be more info, maybe a thread on the Factory Five forums?

There is another body design competition at Local Motors but they are kind of a flakey outfit compared to F5. Their previous “Rally Fighter” project is dumb and the competition is saddled with the requirement to use their unbelievably overcomplicated chassis.

http://www.cardesignnews.com/site/pr...e4/item217398/
    http://www.local-motors.com/competition.php?c=45

Maybe the chassis would be good as a base for other replicas? Economies of scale may keep price down?
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

This contest is now shown on this other sponsor's site. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/design/
    The image (side view rendering) is not encouraging. It is truly hideous. If that is what they are looking for, I don't see any designers with any actual talent even trying. The pix of the chassis is not encouraging either, since it is rather complicated.
    Still, I am intrigued, although less than before.

The details of the competition are coming out now. They are fine for amateur/Sunday designers but no real professional would agree to these conditions. Why risk winning NOTHING but essentially giving away all future rights to your design?
    Also no announcement of WHO will be judging the results - another red flag.
    Below are a few of the rules now posted.
    I am still very interested in the possible later use of this mid-engined chassis but using my own body panels. The concept of a Subaru powered car which solves the issues of a mid engine package using a stock transaxle is pretty neat. I wish the entry package actually gave a cad file for the chassis so I could work with it. The so-called "templates" for an entry are totally useless and will only lead to lots of entries which will not functionally work (but can still WIN).

5. In consideration for participation in the “Factory Five-Grassroots Motorsports Design Competition” and for eligibility of prizes winnings, participants and entrants in the contest agree that all submissions, designs, drawings, data files and ideas entered into this contest will become the property of Factory Five Racing, Inc., and no material will be returned to participants at the conclusion of the contest.
    6. Participants in the contest agree that any and all submissions may be used wholly or in part by Factory Five Racing, Inc., at its sole discretion. These submissions may also be used without limitation by Factory Five Racing, Inc., Grassroots Motorsports magazine, and designated associates, partners and affiliates for promotional purposes.