Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a McLaren body?

Is there a McLaren body?

I've got the urge to build a McLaren F1 like car. I'm definitely not picky about being exact and I will be using a standard 2 seater setup. I just like the overall look of the McLaren body with the gullwing doors and the roof scoop.

So, is anyone out there manufacturing a fiberglass body of this car, replica or close-resembling? I've seen the DDR SP4/SP8, it's very nice looking and would fit the bill perfectly, but it's a bit pricey and I have my own tube-frame that I wish to use. The guy in Poland is doing a nice job but he's in Poland and I don't think he's selling copies of the body anyways. I already found some 3D plans and cross-section drawings of the McLaren, but I'm no artist and I think it still takes a bit of an artist to make a 3D copy, even using templates. Anyways, I'm hoping someone out there maybe has a mold made already?

Re: Is there a McLaren body?

you might want to pm webslinger or raptor x.. I remember both of them talking about Mcleeren f1's

is this colin? if it is,welcome. are you wanting a diffrent body for your labala chassis?

john

Quote Originally Posted by stryker
    is this colin? if it is,welcome. are you wanting a diffrent body for your labala chassis?

john
    Yeah. I've been looking into something with doors, roof, and a little bit wider. My attempt at a roof for the La Bala was pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by kman0066

john
    Yeah. I've been looking into something with doors, roof, and a little bit wider. My attempt at a roof for the La Bala was pitiful.
    i will be cutting my body,i am going to extend the rear ten inches or so behind the rear tires.i am also wideing the body 6 to 8 inches.once you get the car outside of the garage it seem to get smaller.(LOL) i will work more on my top next winter,the design is looking good,alot of trail and error to get the windows i want.

john

yea the mclrn is coming by nov this year ;D

How about the DDR? Google it.

i will be cutting my body,i am going to extend the rear ten inches or so behind the rear tires.i am also widening the body 6 to 8 inches.once you get the car outside of the garage it seem to get smaller.(LOL) i will work more on my top next winter,the design is looking good,a lot of trail and error to get the windows i want.

john
    nice. I wish I had the talent with fiberglass like you do. I've got lots of ideas, I just can't get them into existence. The car does look much smaller, especially when you're driving between a couple of semi-trucks on the freeway!!! Eek. It seems that half the year here is too cold to drive the La Bala, a 1/3 of the year it is raining, and add a little bit more because it is still wet from the rain after it rains and the car is so low that you get splashed with water anyways. Then there is the few days where it's nice, warm, and dry, but then I like to take the motorcycle on those days. It's just seeming that the La Bala is not a vehicle I can use often enough to be taking up a garage spot now. It definitely would have been better when I still lived in AZ or if I didn't already ride motorcycles. I might be putting the whole car up for sale soon, but I'll also be just trying to sell the body by itself as well. Whichever comes first and that will determine what project I start next.

artiplastzabrze makes in Polend cool Bodys evtl you can ask them , Google in Youtube you find cool Pic and Vids of his build.
    but i dont know he sells the Bodykits or not you must ask and find out

I know that he's only made a handful of those kits but I don't think he sells them in large numbers.