Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing Stories: My KitCar, Add Yours>>

Embarrassing Stories: My KitCar, Add Yours>>

Ok, I'll start with a favorite of mine which just happened.

I had just finished getting my car ready for the Daytona Car Show. I spent a lot of time getting her perfect. Finally got to those things I had put off. So I was driving my car to get gas and to load her up on the trailer. I was making a left hand turn onto a 4 lane, a delivery truck in front of me, he takes the right lane I take the left, I decided to be a smart arse and fly by him on the left. I'm full throttle and I shift, I hear a loud pop and a "fisssss". White smoke is everywhere, it bellows up and engulfs the passenger compartment. My heart has dropped. I fell very sick, I look back at the huge cloud of smoke, my head drops, all my time and effort and there goes the trip to Daytona half an hour before I'm to leave. I pull over hop out and run to the back, open the engine compartment to find residue everywhere, it was just my fire extinguisher totally spent.

I have a couple more I'll post after some others.
    I still start laughing when I think about it, my wife says I hope your not still laughing about your car.

Re:Embarrassing Stories: My KitCar, Add Yours>>

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Ha,HA,HA!
    www.xvelocity.com

Premature-extinguishing? They make pills for that!

That is funny!

What were you doing driving around without the pin in the extinguisher?

LOL!!!

DKOV -

AW MAN,nobody ever said the spyder was a "trailer queen",
    i thought trailers were reserved for street rods.kit cars are supposed to run,rods just look pretty.
    MIKE

I usually don't have a problem with premature extinguishing :-[ (key word is usually)
    I put the extinguisher in the back of the car at the last minute just in case, yes the pin was in it. It was one of those big ones, 2 foot tall. I like having one for the long trip. I saw a trucker save a persons life just because he had a fire extinguisher.
    I do have the Halon system for the car itself but not installed.

Ok, I'm the first one to say these cars are meant to be driven, but there was no way I was driving her six hours to the show.

Now the next story:

I was at the busiest stoplight here in the town I call home. I was in the left lane to turn left, basically six lanes and six lanes, tons of cars around, ALL Eyes are on me, I do that little rev thing as start to go I take the left hand turn giving it some gas and the passenger door flies open in the middle of the intersection. So I finish the turn,then I slowed down and then gunned it and slammed the door shut.
    Yep I was embarrassed.

Yell at the wife for not closing her door right the last time she was im the car!! if your b's are big enough LOL.
    MIKE

Here's one, Last summer I was driving my yellow 355 on a bright summer day, I was coming across a densely populated area in my city, I was driving the car at about 45 and slowing down for a car ahead of me, so I quickly switched lanes, shifted to 2nd gear to get that extra power (and rev from my exhaust),. Then the front axle broke,. Needless to say the car was still moving, however it only moved enough to get me parked in a busy shopping center parking lot. I had to get my bright yellow 355 towed on a saturday in the middle of a busy shopping center. It was so embarrassing.

Why is that embarrassing? Now the people in your town will really think that you own one of those high priced exotics that is tempramental and prone to breakdowns!!!!

Heh, those are great. I'm sure we've all done some stupid things. The worst that's happened to me in my Miata (people look, although it's not a kit) is missing 2nd gear when trying to rev past someone. Get on 1st hard, then try and nail 2nd, only to throw a 7K rpm rev at the guy next to you as he speeds past. Oops.