Thread: ferrari dino on MR2?

ferrari dino on MR2?

Seems like JH Classics have re-carnated the DINO after 13 years, and is now using the MR2 as a donor.

Me....Im not too sure it works.

http://www.jhclassics.com/

Re: ferrari dino on MR2?

Looks a bit odd to say the least. I have a Magnum GT Dino replica I have been modifying for some time now and I plan on taking molds off of it. After the 308 project is done it is next in line. I junked the beetle platform it was on and put it on a modified Fiero chassis. Hopefully the 308 will be done by June and I will start on the Dino in July and hope to have the first car finished and all the molds made by fall. A build thread will be forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by EVM_Rob
    Looks a bit odd to say the least. I have a Magnum GT Dino replica I have been modifying for some time now and I plan on taking molds off of it. After the 308 project is done it is next in line. I junked the beetle platform it was on and put it on a modified Fiero chassis. Hopefully the 308 will be done by June and I will start on the Dino in July and hope to have the first car finished and all the molds made by fall. A build thread will be forthcoming.
    Hello I guess you mean something like this then, thanks Norm

are these on an MR2 or Fiero platform??

Quote Originally Posted by normsf
    Quote Originally Posted by EVM_Rob
    Hello I guess you mean something like this then, thanks Norm
    Not exactly. Its still a Magnum body and does not use the fiero glass or any body parts as it not a rebody. The entire fiero roof is removed for the install. The prep for the fiero chassis is very similar to building a non-stretched countach (i.e. remove the roof, doors, dash section, front end past the wheels and tilt radiator, remove rear trunk area, reinforce the frame etc.) It is very much like a countach build.

Norm's pics above are a Fiero rebody. The original moulds were taken directly from a Ferrari 246 Dino and then fit to the Fiero. The obvious changes were:

Taller sail panel setup as the Fiero is 46.9" tall and the original is 45.3" tall. The additional 2" in the sail panels can be easily seen. The roof is also flatter than the oem and the sail panels are straighter going up. The biggest difference, in my opinion, like all other Fiero rebodies is the flatter windshield compared to oem.

If we took the Fiero rebody from Norm, added on the extended windshield we now have options for, I think the additional two inches would not be as noticeable and you would have an incredible replica. Not 100% exact but pretty darn close and what replica is 100% accurate anyway. We pay a lot of money for 90-95% accuracy where this would be a very beautiful option for people and prety darn easy to implement.....

EVM_Rob also had a build thread a few years back showing the Magnum on the Fiero chassis and it also looked great. I am liking where we are getting to again for Ferrari replicas. Lots of options showing up again for us for the classics.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

J H Classics sold the original production moulds via Pistonheads i think it was in December last year a friend managed to find their facebook page. looks like they are developing new mechanicals for the car looks promising. Never really been a fan of body kits always loved the original J H Classics (Deon) cars though.

Have their facebook link here
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeHavi...42529139135435