Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check this out

Check this out

I just got an email from a former student that I haven't seen in about 7 years. He told me he wrote about me, check it out.
    http://www.stanceiseverything.com/20...day-legit-kit/
    and this
    http://www.stanceiseverything.com/20...lic-gear-head/
    This article then prompted some other site to write about him writing about me. Weird!
    http://www.build-threads.com/build-t...iablo-replica/

Re: Check this out

'JDinner', your students have just said it all.... Congrats on being an excellent teacher and a better person. Enjoy the accolades ... and the cars!
    best,
    Sandy

thanks for making the world a better place. i dont know any better way to put it. russ

I've always heard about the quality of your cars and it's awesome to hear more about the quality of the builder. You are a true mentor to many of us (me included!). ;D

Henry Ford was quoted as saying "A man who chops his own wood is warmed twice". I think you inspire your kids who understand that it's more than just building a cool looking car (that's what you feel in the honeymoon period of the project and it often wears off) and it's more about feeling the pride during and after the build. It's important for the next generation to realize that we can lift limitations we often put upon ourselves and build something in our garage that takes a lot of money, people and a large factory to do.

The passion for exotic and fine cars is often fueled with the belief that these cars are "magical" and it can be a shock to the kids when they hold an OEM Lambo part and realize that it's just an expensive chunk of plastic or metal with a Lamborghini logo pressed into it (that is if it's not an Audi logo instead). The parts aren't made from clouds and the cars aren't built by Gods atop Mount Olympus. The brand really represents a unique and limited edition design that is out of reach for most of us due to cost or simply being way too impractical and after touching and holding something that was fantasy and untouchable before can be a "back to earth" experience.

I constantly remind the "haters" of our hobby that many of the "original legends" that we admire and replicate today, started out in a small garage somewhere with parts from other manufacturer and a dream to improve upon someone Else's design. What is often missed by the critics is the amount of innovation and sweat that goes into the builds as we usually improve upon the original design. My guess is that the person turning the screw driver in Italy probably doesn't feel this same experience.

The hobby and our schools need more teachers like JDinner!

Thanks,

Chris

Another example of removing the limitations we put upon ourselves and just doing it....

http://www.madmechanics.com/boundari...?topicseen#new

You've got to love following stories like these... and it helps motivate me to spend more time in the shop.

Thanks guys!

Chris

The hobby and our schools need more teachers like JDinner!

100%, well said Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 0rcc
    The hobby and our schools need more teachers like JDinner! 100%, well said Chris
    Great job Mr. Dinner ! I lower my hoist, set my grease gun down and salute you. Now if you could just get those kids to go out and vote LOL.

VERY Cool!

Well done Jim! My kids just started High School, feel like I should ship him your way!

Quote Originally Posted by 88.5countach
    Well done Jim! My kids just started High School, feel like I should ship him your way!
    I'm only an hour away.