Thread: EXACT wheel base for carkitinc's MERCY 1?

EXACT wheel base for carkitinc's MERCY 1?

Hey guys,

Im just starting my build, getting ready to stretch the fiero, but I would like to hear from anyone who has bought a mercy-1 from carkitinc, what the wheelbase needs to be exactly. They say roughly 10.5" stretch, but I need to know exact. I will be doing a lot of chassis, engine and trans work before I order up a body, and I want the wheels to line up PERFECTLY when I do get one. Nothing worse than having the rear tire too close to the front or rear of the wheel well. Thanks for the replys!

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Re: EXACT wheel base for carkitinc's MERCY 1?

they are right 10.5" for all their murcie bodys which is 1" to short so it fit the fiero chassis better

pay the extra an get the Murcie 2 kit
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

I have the Murci 1 and made my wheelbase exactly 10.5" longer than the stock Fiero W/B. It was perfect.

Regardless of what you buy from Carkitinc, be sure to examine and pick it up in person so you know exactly what the quality of the fiberglass will be. I have one of their LP640 roadster bodies and the quality of the glass and gelcoat was horrible however Mrcilgo has a Mercy 1 kit that I've seen up close and the glass on it looked really good. The differences could be in the mold, the way the bodies had the glass laid up, the person doing the work at the time or maybe even the quality put into a body that was going to "ship" vs. a body that the customer was picking up in person like Mrcilgo did.

The only way to know for sure is to either fly there and check it out before it ships to you or drive there and check it out before bringing it home yourself.

Best of luck with your new project

Chris

Thanks guys!

First, I dont like the looks of the Mercy 2, I like the mercy 1, but thanks for the opinion. Second, Im in Kelowna, bc, canada, driving to alabama to pick up a body kit will definately not happen, so I guess I will just have to hope I get a good one. His site does promise a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and I will pay with credit card so I can dispute the charge if the body is not exactly as he describes, and I expect.

Thanks again!!

I will start a build diary as soon as I can

keep us posted...I'm thinking of buying one of their Mercy kits (right now leaning towards the 4) and want to know more about them (carkitinc.). Later.

I have been watching their company for almost a year, it seems Jackie (the owner of carkitinc) owns a fibreglass shop called quick cash, and bought the car molds from another company that went bankrupt and created a sub division called carkitinc. While they are great at fibreglass, but know almost zero about building a kit car. If you go on youtube and watch some of his videos it becomes very apparent hes a a jerry-rigging just make it work no matter how bad it looks kinda guy. But really, all we want from him is his fibreglass bodies anyway. I will be sure to start a build thread and let everyone know how the transaction with him went.

On a side note, a friend of mine is going to order the mercy 4, when he does I will get pics of it.

I picked up my Murcy 1 from Carkitinc in person. I met Jackie and everyone else there. Jackie has multiple business ventures going right now. His primary business seems to be loaning money on car titles. He has a couple of different locations where things happen. The actual fiberglass molding location is about an hour away from their main location (where I went). All the videos shot on their website is where I went.
    I looked at the yellow Murcy 1 that is in a lot of the vids. They also showed us around and we saw a lot of other in process projects. They were all very friendly.
    First, Jackie doesn't get his hands dirty. He just shoots the vids. and explains as best he can about how things were done. Do they build award winning replicas? No, they don't even claim to build cars! It seems that they build what they build to show people it can be done and done inexpensively. That is their push, showing that someone can build their dream for around 12K. Am I building mine for 12K? of course not! There is a hundred ways to do everything, they show one.
    The bottom line is, they are up front about everything and hide nothing. With all the fraud in this industry, they are honest and very down to earth! They ask for a simple $500 deposit to get started on a body. They say give them about 2 weeks to complete it (mine was done early), they will ship it or you can easily pick it up.
    Was my fiberglass 'perfect'? No. Was it bad? Absolutely not! It was 'very good' and for the $3995 I paid for the complete car kit including complete interior, it was better than excellent!
    I have 2 other friends on my Facebook page that just bought kits from them. They have had the same great overall experience I did. One of the guys picked his up, the other had it shipped. Another F.B. friend just ordered one from them a week ago. He should be getting his soon.

Carkitinc. is also on Facebook daily throughout the work week promoting and there to answer questions. Not hiding behind some expensive 'replica' website where all you see are pictures of real Lamborghini's!

Anyway, that's my experience. Sorry it was so long.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr
    I will be sure to start a build thread and let everyone know how the transaction with him went.

On a side note, a friend of mine is going to order the mercy 4, when he does I will get pics of it.
    Sounds good.....Thanks for the info. and yes, when your friend starts his build make sure he documents it so we can see the progress too. 8) Also, good luck with your build too!!

I'm still in the phase of convincing myself to go for it....and I know it's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger. However, I do want to see a Mercy4 completed all the way (painted exterior and finished interior etc.). Does anyone know of any finished Mercy4s?? I can't find any on the net. Thanks and sorry if I hijacked your thread....

We are now a member of MadMechanics!
    We've been slow in the past, but since I'm here, we will be as up to date as possible on our website.
    In the past 4-5 weeks we have sold numerous kits and had complete satisfaction! Every now and then
    there may be a problem with the mold, but that's why we're on here! To help you through the process the
    best we can! There was a huge gap between the shipping the fiberglass kit, and seeing it done, but with the
    social community our customers can send us pictures of their builds and we can further help you complete your kit
    with help from everyone else! We really appreciate all of our customers and we will always be ready to answer
    any questions regarding your purchase!
    carkitinc@gmail.com