Thread: Ever just look at your car and...

Ever just look at your car and...

Ever look at your car and think??? There are just soooooo many things I want to do and I find myself trying to put out too many fires at once. I am in the orocess of painting the car, dont know if I should go Gallaro orange or stay white.. I need 1/4 windows, some body work, get a/c working, like to get new 17" wheels, need smaller seats, need to engineer new pedal location for a 6'2" person in a countach, like to get rid of 914 tranny for a stronger G50/930 tranny, need to figure out why engine is running a little rough, need to wire in all 4 electric fans into the cabin of the car, etc....
    Sorry, just thinking out loud! I have only had the car for a month or so, and have pulled out the interior, pulled all the body panels off, got started on body work.. I just want to DRIVE IT! However, it needs to be as perfect as I can get it as it is my dream car.

Re: Ever just look at your car and...

i did the same thing, it consumed me for awhile,..lol! but make a plan and stick to it... calender it out, what days you will do the work planned and stick to it no matter if it takes all weekend , then start on the next scheduled calender work piece... One thing at a time... it was easier for me that way... just my 2cents..

Rule #1. A project car is never actually 100% finished.

Rule #2. See rule#1

Here are my thoughts......

If you find yourself not working/modifying/enhancing or not wanting to work/modify/enhance your car.... It is time to sell it and get another project.
    Itís like a girlfriend,,,, if you find yourself not intimate or not wanting to be intimate time to move on. Unfortunatelly you can't sell them but you sure can text them......

DID I JUST SAY THAT......... I meant ice ya that's right Ice........

Quote Originally Posted by novi331
    I have only had the car for a month or so, and have pulled out the interior, pulled all the body panels off, got started on body work..
    Hey, you're going in the same direction as I am. Only my car is fully painted before I started pulling it apart! There are quite a few things I would have done to my car if it wasn't already painted when I got it. Ah well, I wait for the repaint....................oh wait, I'm never gonna finish my car so there probably won't be one. :-[ :-\

I do the samething with my Camaro and it's not even my dream car. :

It costs as much as an exotic to maintain and its not even the Z28 or SS model.