Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F40 rep on ebay & its cheap

F40 rep on ebay & its cheap

Thought some of you lot might want to take a look at this F40 kit on ebay it seem to be already fitted to a pontiac but not sure if its a Fiero.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=30182

This is what the owner say its a direct translation.

F40 Replica on Pontiac basis central engine it was and it puts still for much work into it headlight, taillights, transparent cover of the rear flap is missing which are missing components is to be still acquired and available it is no letter available much fun with does not offer starting from 1 euro
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Re: F40 rep on ebay & its cheap

It has been a while since the last reply on this post but rather than starting a new thread, I exersized the search function ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=7251

This is one of the closer looking replicas I have seen in a while. It still looks a bit short in wheelbase and quarter window section but good enough for me to want it for that price.

I like the detail such as the cable door pulls just like the real F40.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

the only real defect i see on the car is that the engine cover is warped/melted? it leans to the left.

i think the car looks great. goes to show that you dont need something 95%+ accurate to have a great looking car, and at 25k you cant compain as long as it runs good and the panels arent falling off.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I am seriously debating about looking into this car. AutoMX, you are right about the accuracy of the car. I have over $25k invested in the rolling chassis of my 355. I often wonder if I should build this replica for about $55k or just buy a used 355 for about the same such as this one.... :-\

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6212

well if you could replace the drivetrain, and sell the original one, it could be a winning combination. if it breaks down, you could end up forking over $5k on a small electrical problem like my friend did on his 308... and considering that he has built race cars, over 20 kit cars, and worked on a bunch of other cars, it's not like he didnt try to fix it himself.. :
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

That car sold for $16K. That is a steal!! I could not get my finances together on such short notice.

Its back on the auction block with no reserve....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=7251

Third time in a month it has been on eBay. This time with more pictures. I should just call them at 603-785-9904

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

who was the manufacture of that F-40 kit with the round front ,it is by far the Nice's one i have seen if it was 3 1/2" longer in the quarters it would be real nice , all the other kits have a 3 angle square front did anyone here get it
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

I have noticed that too. The quarter window could have been a little longer as well as the space between the door and rear wheel, but it is by far the best f40 replica I have seen. They told me it was made by a German engineer that hand made only three of these f-40's. I think it was very convincing, even down to the cable door pull just like the real thing. I would just add an extended windshield to it to make it look even better.

You couldn't build that car for $18,000 with all those performance parts that were on it. Somebody got a good buy.