Thread: Fiero Stretch details for Lambos

Fiero Stretch details for Lambos

OK;

As expected I have had no bites on the 355 to sell as a work in progress. No surprise though as I am asking quite a bit for it.

I guess I will just keep the frame and all the suspension pieces etc. and will sell off all the Ferrari 355 parts individually. I should be able to get some of the stuff sold off....

The main reason I was looking to sell the 355 off is as I continue to play in this hobby, I find I may only have one car project left in me. Since I only have one left, I have always REALLY wanted a Lamborghini. My absolute favourite is the Countach but a close second is the Gallardo and then the Murci. Having said all that, since I already have the Fiero frame, and SO MUCH more experience in the past 10 years of this hobby, I thought I would take the Fiero frame and stretch it out into the proper length for either a Countach or a Murci since those two kits are available in North America,

So, I have been looking at Kitcentral and here and Lambo lounge etc. to see how the Fiero is stretched, (That isn't a problem) and then cut up and reinforced to have the body sit down on it. I haven't been able to find any really good, detailed pics on the process or the locations for teh new meatl.

Anyone have some really good, detailed photos of how a Fiero frame is reinforced after stretching for Lambo kits?

Thanks
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Re: Fiero Stretch details for Lambos

Don first question are you going to part out the 355 stuff if do I need the rear roof with quarter window section. Also when I stretched mine I used b&b customs guide to stretch it. They have pretty good documentation with photos. Let me know about the rear roof. Thanks Lukester

Luke;

I will be parting out the 355 stuff if I end up going for the Lambo build. I did not have a Berlinetta though. I have a convertible so all that old roof stuff is long gone.

Sorry
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

For those that have PM'd me, I have a set of the chassisworks plans and those would be my ultimate frame to go under the Lambo but I am really looking to see if I can recoup some of my investment and time into the frame I have done already as a first option. Also, the way I end up NOT getting out to the garage, I would be 100 by the time I finished the frame let alone started on the body.......

You always end up with compromises when using a donor such as the Fiero but I thought I would see what I can do with that frame first to see how difficult it might be to cut away and make a usable frame from it.

I remember Murcinary(sp?) had some extensive work done on a Fiero to put a full frame around the tub. Not sure I want to go that far but I might think about pulling the rear Fiero frame off and doing some rear end work versus Fiero setup. That would include a longitudinal engine/trans with custom rear suspension so maybe chassisworks rear end section would be good.

I also saw on Kitcentral a builder by the name of Switta had a Fiero rear end but put in a longitudinal engine/trans and it looked quite nice. I would like to see more pics forom his build as well.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions. Keep them coming. That is what I like so much about this site. Lots of help, suggestions and collaboration and not as much; "why would you do that?" etc. that you tend to see elsewhere.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

This is how I did my stretch.