Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange things you used in your build-

Strange things you used in your build-

Last night I took my Diablo Roadster out for a cruise and like always where ever I go it draws a crowd. One guy couldnt believe it was a replica, I find most people I encounter on the street have never even seen a real Lamborghini Diablo anyway so they really dont know what to look for. I had to explain to this guy about my center console button trim rings to prove to him I built the car.

After I had a carbon fiber look applied to my center console the buttons sticking out needed some kind of trim rings to give it a more finished look. I looked around and really couldnt find anything that wasnt custom made to just help it look a little better until one day I was at home depo. I saw this young guy with these real big hoop like ear rings in the center of his ear lobes. Kinda too freaky for my taste, but I went home and looked on ebay. Sure enough I was able to find some that were the perfect size. If you wanna see what Im talking about you can look up item number 370521237484 on ebay. I ordered enough to put around on all my buttons, worked perfect and was really cheap....

I was wondering if others have used strange off the wall items on their replicas?

Re: Strange things you used in your build-

pls post pics of your diablo i can only admire since i don't have the technical capability to do what you guys do
    Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

That's a great idea......plus you can get them in different sizes.

I can't think of anything strange but I can list the differents cars that make up my replica:
    Pontiac (obvious)
    Ferrari (obvious)
    Chrysler lebaron
    Chrysler Sebring
    Cadillac Deville
    Toyota MR2
    Chevy Cavalier
    Saturn coupe
    VW
    Chevy Camaro
    Chevy S-10

Quote Originally Posted by luapynot
    Last night I took my Diablo Roadster out for a cruise and like always where ever I go it draws a crowd. One guy couldnt believe it was a replica, I find most people I encounter on the street have never even seen a real Lamborghini Diablo anyway so they really dont know what to look for. I had to explain to this guy about my center console button trim rings to prove to him I built the car.

After I had a carbon fiber look applied to my center console the buttons sticking out needed some kind of trim rings to give it a more finished look. I looked around and really couldnt find anything that wasnt custom made to just help it look a little better until one day I was at home depo. I saw this young guy with these real big hoop like ear rings in the center of his ear lobes. Kinda too freaky for my taste, but I went home and looked on ebay. Sure enough I was able to find some that were the perfect size. If you wanna see what Im talking about you can look up item number 370521237484 on ebay. I ordered enough to put around on all my buttons, worked perfect and was really cheap....

I was wondering if others have used strange off the wall items on their replicas?
    Whahah they are called "flesh tunnel piercings" sounds disgusting!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by bangsters
    pls post pics of your diablo i can only admire since i don't have the technical capability to do what you guys do
    Heres is some of mine- http://www.flickr.com/photos/31604886@N08/

these are photos are basicly the last 3 months of the build (took 6 months total) from full mock up to tear down again to paint and final assembly. The begining of the build started this past Janurary (2011) and pretty much finished last month. Just installed new stereo system this past week. Took a nice long drive last night, today the alternator died------ It never ends.....

You have a very nice car!!!!

I know right? His car is awesome! I can't believe it only took him 6 months to build it too.
    I just might have to make a diablo my 2nd build now, after having seen his.

not my build, but I saw steve from tri g use a garden hose for vacuum plumbing in someones engine bay lol

Quote Originally Posted by luapynot

LOL - I bet they look better on your console than in someones ear!

Instead of using the standard Detroit pump for my air to water intercooler I sourced a pump from the solar industry. All of the pumps I found being used, the cobra pump included were failure prone. I couldn't believe the pumps that were being offered in the intercooler kits. Many of them used plastic pumps from bait fishing wells. Lot's of switches from pull and save.