Thread: anyone know this countach?

anyone know this countach?

Does anyone here know the history of this car - its an 1989 Countach built on a stretched and widened 1986 Pontiac Fiero 1993 Cadillac Northstar 32 valve 300 HP all aluminum 4.6 liter V8 engine, with the donor Cadillac dashboard and other parts used in the build.

Any info, would appreciate it thanks (Pm or otherwise),

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...countach1.jpg/

Mike

Re: anyone know this countach?

Not sure if it is the same car, but it looks a lot like an Exotic Illusions build that was spotlighted in an Kit Car Illustrated article several years ago.

Might be one of Mike Vetters cars he liked using the caddy engines. I don't believe it is an exotic Illusions build as Demitri would have put the correct dash in the car and would have used a different engine than the caddy motor.

Quote Originally Posted by holycow
    Might be one of Mike Vetters cars he liked using the caddy engines. I don't believe it is an exotic Illusions build as Demitri would have put the correct dash in the car and would have used a different engine than the caddy motor.
    Normally Demitrios likes going with a V8 Archie Conversion kits. All the magazines I have featuring their turnkey cars all have V8 Archie kits in them. Only two of them that I know of stuck with a standard 2.8 V6. One was a Miller woods turbo kit.

That one in the photo looks more like an IFG kit the body lines and all. Doubt it's one from exotic illusions. Exotic Glass is another possiblity that comes to mind.

seems to be a stretched wheelbase and definitely Not and IFG...doesn't even have the old style nose the IFG has.

looks like a non stretch to me. Not enough distance between the side NACA duct and the rear fender flair.