Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rolling chassis

rolling chassis

ok i have a few questions im interested in purchasing a rolling lamborghini chassis i dont care were it is in the usa i will pick it up with cash in hand i really dont want to use a fiero chassis or a mr2 what would be a cheaper way to go i understand that but i dont think they can handle the the engine i want to use in it or have any room in there maybe they will i dont know i dont want to get it all and have a basket case of problems and please dont post on here and ask how much money i want to spend i will not give you a real answer on that pretty much all im asking is were can i get a chassis for a lamborghini build at

P.F.I

Re: rolling chassis

exotic evolutions in knoxville builds frames, they look cool. thats pretty much all that i know about them. no clue on price or what motor goes in it. just thought ide share. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by tallon
    Costed me $500 for the tube steel to build a chassisworks chassis.
    And it's easy to build I've never welded in my life until I started on it. Plans are on ebay.
    I just figure an already built one is gonna cost you more than that - just the frame.
    Its not the steel thats pricey, its the $1000s you spend in bolts, suspension

+1. i never even thought about all that stuff. that could get pretty expensive. heck home depot wants like a buck and a half for 1 small bolt. so GMG what kinda suspension do u use on a frame like that? all aftermaket? or stock off some other kinda car. ive seen on tv people use the suspension off an old 5.0 square mustang

Its all aftermarket, and even with me paying wholesale prices I had $3k just in suspension links, dont use home depot bolts you need grade 8 or better find that at napa

Cliffs Custom Fab is building tube chassis for as little as $6500 or so I cannot remember exactly. He's rarely on here but he does reply back to all his emails.

Finish building your chassis. then talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    Costed me $500 for the tube steel to build a chassisworks chassis.
    And it's easy to build I've never welded in my life until I started on it. Plans are on ebay.
    I just figure an already built one is gonna cost you more than that - just the frame.
    Its not the steel thats pricey, its the $1000s you spend in bolts, suspension
    But the rear suspension is tube steel :S and I'm almost done my chassis I just don't have wheels cause I have no body. Wouldn't say I spent thousands for c4 front a arms and shocks/springs, steering system. I use exactly what mikeo uses. I don't see how you're needing so many bolts.

Usually when I see a frame with no suspension, etc. for sale it would cost more than I had spent on my almost finished, chassis. lol
    All I'm saying.

But as VF1 said... $6500.
    If mine costed half that much I would have went with a donor car.

spc's suspension parts are expensive (to me) but I'm not sure I needed anywhere near 3k worth :S

Well I'm not 100% sure on that but I do remember him mentioning that number somewere I donno if it was for the chassis or his Diablo 6.0 Replica that I'm interested in since its been so long since I last emailed him about that.

I do know that Back in the day IFG said you could have a complete Fiero donor car ready for a Lamborghini body for about 7k not including engine and transmission. Also around that time a NAREC tube chassis ran 15k new without suspension, brakes, engine/trans, wiring. Imagine with all that stuff plus the 11k body along with the 5k interior?: Chassis works offers a damn good deal for what they offer though costing half of the NAREC chassis and using Corvette C4 suspension and brakes rather than the super expensive wide track. I don't know if they are still in business or not.

Honestly if it surpasses 5k I don't see the point on going tube chassis because by the time your finish buttoning up your project you could have bought an early Diablo or Countach used in the market and if you wanted performance you can't go wrong with an original Lambo. But if you got the hookup through a shop and can cut the cost down go for it.

Im didnt say brakes, I said suspension. youll see soon.

I don't understand the problem here...