Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finished Mercy-4?

Finished Mercy-4?

Hello, I'm new here.

Wondering if anyone has pics or video of a finished Mercy-4 Camaro or Firebird? Any links would be appreciated.

Re: Finished Mercy-4?

Your gonna have to email carkitinc and request a video or pictures. There hasn't been an update on that since last year. :

I think that only one was ever started and it was an exercise to see if it would fit and if there was a demand for it. The last time I seen pictures of the car it was in the same unfinished state and for sale on an auction site and there was no interest in it.

In my personal opinion, the firewall is something that cannot be overcome and this throws the proportions of the car off by looking too tall in the front.

Chris

Thanks guys.
    There are so many vids available about building the thing but weird I couldn't find anything about finished ones. Those Mercy-4s do look too chubby in the front but the Mercy-2 look awesome IMO.

BTW I saw videos about building a red one and a white one...

When I was there...... Picking up my Mercy 2..... I took a good look at this Mercy 4. It was still being worked on but the body was mounted and the doors were installed. The car looked very completed and near ready for paint. They were very proud of this build. They let me sit in it...they showed me the "mods" required to fit to the chassis. They were really informative.

In My opinion though.....this car was sooooooo out of proportion. If you are really serious about this type of kit.... I would really make a great effort into going to their facility in Alabama and seeing this build in person. It will be well worth your time so that you can be sure this is what you really want.

I am not bashing their build....It takes a lot of work to make this thing happen......however...... If you want a replica that is at least fairly accurate....you may want to see this car first hand before you spend so much money into something you may not be satisfied with.
    Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!

Mr. Johnson said we would have new pictures of the Mercy-4 up by the end of this month at the latest.
    We recently just posted new pictures of our 90% complete 360, which IMO think is too short. But it all pays off once it's completed. Mr. Johnson still has a lot of things to do to the Mercy-4. I try my hardest to stay in touch with him and keep the community updated about carkitinc, I'm always on facebook to answer any questions, and I will be on this site much more often as well.

Cool.
    I hope this thread aided in your decision to join.

If you wouldn't mind pointing me in the direction of the latest pics with a link. That would be great....

guys i take it you can dreive thisa thing as daily driver??just askin as i test drove a uk built murcie and it was awful!!!shakin itself to bits and generally creaking all down the rd??

just couldnt understand all the hours and money goin into somthing undrivable!!

The Murci 4 looks soooo not like a murcielago, it's funny... You'd be better off getting a murci 2 a getting a fiero, mr2 or custom chassis.. Hell , why not use a 2000 year corvette, take off body panels and make a frame for front, make engine crate and mounts for rear, reinforce rear, and move engine to rear with tranny.. just saying, the murci 4 is not exotic looking at all.

From certain angles it looks pretty good. I'm not interested in an exact copy though, maybe something more like the Vendetta.

Anyway, I'm in no position to criticize anyone. If they are out there selling used cars and diamond rings on the side at least they're still building kits and keeping the dream alive. I appreciate lots of different folks from all corners of the country and the world building similar cars.

You might be able to tell by my name that I own several Pontiacs (Mostly T/As) and my daily driver is a '94 Formula but I have a couple of Fieros too.

Just looking at my options.