Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Countach 5000s - Chat

Countach 5000s - Chat

OK;

I went down to Renton, Washnigton and picked up the Countach panels on the weekend. The panels ended up being rougher than I expected when talking to the seller before hand. We ended up working a deal though that had me take the panels and he keep the N* engine to try to recoup some of his costs. That worked out overall as I wasn't going to be using the engine package anyway.

So, the body looks pretty good overall from shape and details. Certainly need some cleanup and fixing as it sat outside for several years but everything looks fixable.

I plan to make the 25th back into a 5000s shape except for the air boxes on the rear fenders as I like the 25th air boxes better than the 5000s boxes. Actually, I have seen some pictures of the 5000s with the 25th air boxes so I will need to do some more digging on the net.

A few items I will need for the build if any of you Countach owners out there have spares or moulds I can start from.

• Engine lid. I got the trunk but not the engine lid.
    • Inner door frames. I got the outer panels but will need the inner door frames themselves to build the metal framing in and then attach the outside panels to.
    • Lower 5000s rockers. I have the 25th anniversary rockers which I will be changing over to the 5000s shape. If someone has the rockers already, bonus, otherwise I will end up building some.
    • I got front and rear bumpers but I want to look more at 5000s pictures to see how the bumpers actually look for North America. I remember them being different for NA vs. Europe.

Lots more I am sure by the time I get more into the build but this will be a start.

I also need some more detailed pics of the frame work on the Fiero that is required but I am also looking at several other sites for those details as well.

More to come. I'll get some pics of it sitting in my second driveway on its rolling frame tonight.

Another one starts. Here comes 10 more years of playing guys.........

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Re: Countach 5000s-BUILD

was wondering if you gotten it....we'll get ya sorted

Will

Awesome...! Good luck Don..! Post lost of pics. Let's get everyone exited about countaches again....!!

Thanks guys;

I will be finishing up my 308 ready for paint here shortly and then get the 355 frame into the garage for the stretch and reinforcing that will be needed. Hopefully will be working on the Countach by September. We'll see what really happens the way I get out to the garage......

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Congrads, as for your 25th lower rockers, you could leave them on and do a the 88 model 5000 like mine. I understand that you may like that earlier, cleaner, look of no lower rockers...... at least you get a choice!

I always wanted a countach. Maybe someday. Good luck on the build sounds fun. Os it the correct wheelbase. I can't remeber seeing that or not. Later back to work on the f40.

Countach Replica made to looked like a Countach 5000 Year 88 1/2

Countach Replica made to look like a Countach Koenig Special

Real Contach

What Look you going for ??

I love the 88 1/2 look.

QV with 25th Airboxes....or 25th with QV bumper, though important to note, the 25th is in fact a QV as well ;D

also,
    the airboxes on this aren't the right height, so don't get discouraged on their looks

Countach IS Lamborghini! Just simply spectacular! All the best on your build. Post pics! I most definitely will follow this build. I love the Countach!
    Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!