Thread: Want 17" wheels for Countach

Want 17" wheels for Countach

I am looking to get some 17" wheels for my countach. It is a AFI body on tube chassis. It seems to have MustangII suspension as the wheels are 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Any idea what wheels will fit the car? I have Weld Racing rims now and will be selling as soon as I find a replacement. Any ideas?

Re: Want 17" wheels for Countach

just my opinion, but the Countach really needs 15" wheels, anything else looks out of scale...again just my opinion

Here are what 17" wheels look like. Judge for yourself.

http://home.centurytel.net/project/

Kevin

I have a set of 15" compomotive rims also a set of set of 17" kinesis wheels that were built for a Countach

hey there Kevin, I almost put your name in my reply as having them, but I knew if you saw the post you'd reply ...how goes she?

Will

Quote Originally Posted by wbnemo1
    ...how goes she?
    Slowly but surely...!

I need to update the website, but have not done much to the car this spring and summer due to major water leak/damage in our house, and building a new home for the father in law. Should be able to get back into the full swing of Lamboing pretty soon. 8)

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin,

Those are the rims I would like to put on the car, but they are hard to find! RedHammer, I would take the Kinesis from you in a heartbeat, however they are just too far out of my price range.

Thanks for the replies!!

I will be selling these as soon as I find replacements. They are Weld Racing wheels with Yokohama tires. The rears are in great shape, fronts are 60-65%.

I agree with Will 17 inch wheels throws the countach off a bit. However the advantage of going to 17 inch wheels increases your chances of finding tires at a much cheaper rate. I have 15 inch on mine and my rear tires Pirelli 345 35 15 cost me 566 dollars eah before tax!!
    If you like the way the 17s look go for it you will save a ton of money on tires!
    Novi did you ever resolve the fire wall issue on your countach. I am still trying to figure out how you can drive that car as tall as you are. Also did you get the clucth pedal off the ceiling yet...lol that clutch pedal was almost up under the dash and that has got to make that car hard to drive with the firewall to far forward and the angle of the clutch pedal.
    Also check on ebay for the correct side mirrors once you put the vitolinis on your car you will have a lot more visibility. The vitilinis have niore adjustments to them than a standard set of side mirrors.

We are going to modify the pedals in order to get them further into the footwell area. I am also going to replace the banana seats with more of a racing seat. That should allow me to be able to fit in the car without too much of an issue! As for the rims, I just cannot pay so much money for the 335/35/15. I have the car pretty much apart, moved the fuse box to the center console, and we are going to paint her a nice pearl white (the same paint code of the 1989 Pearl white 25th anniv. Countach). I really want to do the Gallardo orange, but it seems just too far from the original colors. Oh well! I still might do the orange, I just have to take a panel and give it a try.. It would be the only one of its kind!

Quote Originally Posted by novi331
    I have the car pretty much apart, moved the fuse box to the center console, and we are going to paint her a nice pearl white (the same paint code of the 1989 Pearl white 25th anniv. Countach).
    I think white with black accents looks awesome on those cars. Go for that Storm trooper look. (Star Wars not Nazi)