Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wraith car (Dodge M4S copy) kits

Wraith car (Dodge M4S copy) kits

I'm sure this has come up a couple of times, but i wanted to start something fresh to get new opinions. Some of you may have seen a build diary i kept up with a while back. We were restoring one of the screen used prop cars from the Wraith. It was often refered to as the Turbo Interceptor.

We've had a lot of requests for a kit, and it looks like that will be taking off later this year, following a bunch of delays. Lyle, the owner, said this weekend that he has material ordered and the molds are standing by. He's hoping to get the rest of the business plan in order soon, weigh his pricing options, and start selling by or before November of this year.

I shot a short video of the movie car this weekend. We've had several requests, via youtube followers, wanting to see a slow drive by. We can't put it on the road, so we took it for a walk around the warehouse parking lot.

I know there were a couple of people on here interested in a kit down the road. Any thoughts or suggestions from others? I can post some other photos and glamor shots of the car later.

Wes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvgJLkmeI_I

Re: Wraith car (Dodge M4S copy) kits

Sweet! Id love to see someone build this car using a Dodge SRT4 engine!

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    After all these years I would like to just see one built !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CARBUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    The owner already has a trial body pulled from the molds and is putting it over a donor car. I took some photos of it, but forgot them again this morning. I'll try to post some shots later this week.

It's kinda a stuck in the 80's but almost late 90's wanna be car. I think it's awful, but I want to see one built just to see it built!

Quote Originally Posted by giveitup2me
    It's kinda a stuck in the 80's but almost late 90's wanna be car. I think it's awful, but I want to see one built just to see it built!

Well, the movie came out in '86, and the Dodge pace car was built around '83. Considering it's age, i think the design still makes an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by giveitup2me

I'm sorry but this car looks better than most of the garbage we have today like the scions and such. It looks like an 80's NSX to be honest but the overall design has held up overtime. I would like to see the movie be remade using a Chrysler ME412.

Quote Originally Posted by CARBUILDER
    Here are a couple of shots of our first "replica" build. This body was pulled from molds made directly off the movie car. The movie props were pulled from molds directly from the M4S, so it's accurate. Well, almost. The scoops under the doors are not open in the back (like the movie props) and we have to omit the Dodge symbol embedded in the nose of the car for legal purposes. The body isn't attached to the car yet, we're still trying to do some work to the chassis for support.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/SN850554.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/SN850565.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/SN850560.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/SN850567.jpg

I remember seeing one of the cars from the movie for sale in the DuPont Registry years ago. I'm not real crazy about it. It looks great from some angles, but not so great from others. I don't care for the excessively long back end.

What is striking to me, though, is how similar it looks to the Jaguar XJ220, which came out several years after the movie did.

Does anyone else see the XJ220 resemblance?

Quote Originally Posted by mlochala
    I remember seeing one of the cars from the movie for sale in the DuPont Registry years ago. I'm not real crazy about it. It looks great from some angles, but not so great from others. I don't care for the excessively long back end.

What is striking to me, though, is how similar it looks to the Jaguar XJ220, which came out several years after the movie did.

Does anyone else see the XJ220 resemblance?
    I can't begin to tell you how many times we've heard that on our youtube videos. And yeah, once i studied it a little more, i could certainly see where people got that idea. The design is rather close. There are sites where people try to build scale models, and one person tried rebuilding a replica of this car by using a model of the XJ. I need to look that up and see how he did with the final product. lol