Thread: please help fiero questions.

please help fiero questions.

Is there a site that shows exactly how to lengthen a fiero? I'm looking for a murc kit or reventon kit, on a 1986 fiero with a auto trans. Keeping the v6, I would add some hop up parts for the motor.

Does any shop offer a complete kit for lambos? I live in Toronto, also is there a shop that stretches fiero too?

It would be nice to know how much to stretch the car, and how much for a turnkey lambo murc or reventon. I know there on an auction site, but its really hard to get into Canada. Where can you get the bodies in Toronto reventon or murc? Thanks.

Re: please help fiero questions.

try lambolounge.com... or lambobuilder.com

sent you an email...
    best,
    Sandy

just my free advice, but you're wasting your time and your money with the 2.8 engine. You're better off delaying the kit and putting money into an engine swap first. Put some miles on the swapped fiero and enjoy it while you replenish your $$ for the kit. I have a swapped 3800 S/C and a swapped 5.7 V8 - highly recommend either; these entirely transform the car.

By the way, Joe at Inland Exotics used to have "bolt-in" cradle extensions that simplified stretches. I'd try him .....

Stretching a Fiero is pretty easy, and can be done in a weekend. Cut once, measure 10 times, tack weld, measure again, weld. Lengthening cables is another issue - brake lines and water hoses are easy, but transmission cables and throttle cables are another story.

Search on this forum for more info. I found this link also:
    http://www.bandbcustoms.com/diabolic/howto.html

There are several ways to do the stretch - cradle first, or frame first. Basically, you need to cut the car about 4 inches behind the rear window. 2 inch square tubing fits in the upper frame rail pretty well. 2x4 square tubing fits in the lower frame rail, or you can butt 2 pieces of 2 inch square tubing together.
    Measure before you cut, and plan how far apart the pieces are supposed to go. I suggest taking the engine out first. Also, use 4-6 screw type jacks to level the car once it's in place. you'll need to place them in front of the cut, behind the cut, and behind the rear wheels.
    Make sure you measure diagonally across the trunk - from window corner to shock tower on each side should match exactly.

I agree about the 2.8 engine. It's not worth spending any money on. In fact, I'd finish the car, then swap the motor. Treat them as 2 separate projects so you don't lose ambition and wind up with a half finished body with a basket case drivetrain!
    If you're hesitant about an engine swap, I'd look into the Camaro 3.4 engine. It bolts right up, uses the same mounts, same wiring, just requires drilling a couple holes for the starter, and using the right combination of parts from both engines. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Camaro engine because it's still underpowered, but it's an easy swap.

when i stretched mine, before i cut, i measured square tube steel that would fit inside the cut of the chassis about 16 inches. I put a big roller jack under engine cradle/ chassis(engine still in) to support. I cut top chassis, took off bolts that hold bottom chassis. Pushed back chassis, slid tubing perfectly inside cuts, slid chassis back onto other end of square tubing, till about an 11 inch( 2 1/2 inches inside of each cut. then did my squaring on all sides. did same for bottom chassis, then tac weld, measure, tac weld, measure, once it lined up, welds closed. it took me all of a weekend all by myself. I then put a support beam running diagonal from top to bottom chassis for stronger support.