Thread: Knott's berry farm show final thoughts....

Knott's berry farm show final thoughts....

Well, the big weekend came and left and I was not impressed. I was really looking forward to seeing some top exotics such as the murci and this weekend became a huge dissapointment. Don't get me wrong there was some good cars as you can see in the pictures I posted. But I am more of a Ferrari guy and there was not one 355. There was a couple really poor looking ferrari's, with poor paint jobs, stock interiors etc. But atleast they showed up for this event. There was only a handfull of cars, you could literally come check out all the cars and leave in less than 20 minutes. Then on top of that Knott's berry farm was ripping you off with $4.00 (mini) hot dogs and $3.00 cans of soda's and $8.00 to park your car in dirt & grass. This was the first knott's show I attended, I hope next year's will be better.

Re:Knott's berry farm show final thoughts....

When I went in '97 there was just one 355. It was a blue Mirage coupe that was just completed for the show. By that time IFG/Warlock, Perry had dropped their kits to avoid Ferrari's wrath. But it was a farely large show. 308/328s, TRs, F50s, countachs, new diablos, and tons of cobras. So where have all the 355ers gone? Will Carlisle show any better?

Well, I had a blast! I am more of a Lambo guy and there were more Lambo's this year than usual.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

you actually paid the parking!?
    hahahahahha

Sears across the road......BIG lot

and i was pretty plased since it was me first show visit
    the muric was so so since the insides were a bit cheap and
    ripped triangle was horribly done
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Did anybody see the F40 from NZ? It looks pretty nice from the pics. Does anybody know the price? Is there a distributor here in the U.S.?

I saw the F40 from NZ. I don't usually care for the F40 much, but this one was an exception. I loved it.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

Here's their web site....
    http://www.procom.co.nz/f40/

I liked the show. I've been there about 5 times. This was my first time showing a car. I bought the Triangle G black roadster that won the Lambo category last year. Although I live in Texas now, IFG is working on the interior in California, so I asked them to bring my car to the show. The lambos this year were a notch better than other years. J.C. Hamlin's $180,000 "kit" is a work of art. I'm not sure if winning a trophy is better than not winning a trophy. My black roadster won third place in the $10,000 to $20,000 sport category. I appreciate the thought, but it's a bit insulting for a car I paid $50,000 for plus another $10,000 in additional work! LOL. Overall though, I think the best part was actually meeting the other guys. The all-you-can-eat chicken dinner wasn't too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by vuster
    Did anybody see the F40 from NZ? It looks pretty nice from the pics. Does anybody know the price? Is there a distributor here in the U.S.?
    I posted a poll quite sometime ago regarding the pricing of this f40. It is not your normal replica. This f40 is extremely well crafted and comes at a hefty price tag.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Spyder, I went last year and had the same comments you had on this year's show. I expected "Something" like the autoshows at the Staples Center. [Did the geriatric couple with the red F40 / fiero and bad attitude show up again - these people were just plain nasty last year - maybe not enough fiber in their diet.] Seemed to me that the Knot's Kit Car shows don't get much advance advertising; just my impression. Lambo and cobra guys probably had a blast though. I was REALLY surprised at the lack of accessories vendors - but lots of people wanted to sell "orders" for kits. I'm thinking my next project will be a lambo but I haven't found a vendor I trust yet ...