Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a 308 or 25th Annv Countach kit

Any interest in a 308 or 25th Annv Countach kit

Here is the deal. My 308 should be done and the car ready to sell by the end of October. I am only about 2 weeks away from prepping for paint. Once that car is done I am deciding on whether to go ahead and start on another 308 build or work on offering a kit. The 308 kit would be just what you see in my build dairy. A Mera style 308 rebody with a few upgrades and mods vs. the original Mera body.

The kit would include:

Front Bumper
    Rear Bumper
    Hood Skin
    Headlight Covers
    Doors Skins
    Sail Panel
    Side Window Louvers
    Rear Clip
    Deck Lid
    Deck Lid Grill
    Front Clip
    Sail Panel Spoiler
    Front Grill
    Turn Signals
    Rear Lights
    Marker Lights X4
    Sail Panel Brackets
    Front Bumper Brackets
    Push Button Door Opener Set
    Grill Mesh
    Side Mirrors

Everything above for $3995

My other set of molds is for a 25th Anniversary Countach for a non-stretched Fiero. The molds where lifted from a D&R body. I fixed everything wrong with the D&R kit before taking the molds as nothing fit the way it was supposed to. Everything fits great now.

The kit would include:

Main Body
    Hood
    Tail Light Panel
    Inner and Outer Door (pre-bonded)
    Side Air Boxes
    Engine Cover
    Trunk Cover
    Head Light Buckets
    Front Spoiler
    Wing
    Door Panels

All the above for $3350

What do think. It would certanly help in my decision if I knew some folks where interested in kits

Re: Any interest in a 308 or 25th Annv Countach kit

Rob;

We have seen the work and outcomes from your 308 body moulds and they are great but I think it would be beneficial to see how the body turned out on the non stretched Countach to help folks decide on which they would be better with.

Just my opinion though.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I think what i might do is go ahead and start on another turnkey 308 but also lay up a Countach body as well. Its about time I did something with the molds anyway. That way if some one wants it right of the bat, then great! And if not, I can just build that one myself. Win win!

Had the Countach been a stretch maybe there would have been a market but non stretched not so much. I don't think anyone besides Euroworks offers non stretched Countach Replica's.

What is the difference in length over the stretched version? does anyone have an accurate picture by chance?

Don't the nonstretched ones look stubby and short ?

Quote Originally Posted by Digibeam
    What is the difference in length over the stretched version? does anyone have an accurate picture by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442
    Don't the nonstretched ones look stubby and short ?
    Some look better than others. Here's my non stretched.

vs a stretched

A stretched vs non stretched can be easily identified by the location of the side NACA duct in relation to the rear fender flairs. The chassis is lengthened in front of the rear wheels so a lengthened chassis will have more of a distance between the rear flair and the side duct.

Oh.... $3350 for a fixed set of parts sounds like one heck of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by EVM_Rob
    My other set of molds is for a 25th Anniversary Countach for a non-stretched Fiero. The molds where lifted from a D&R body. I fixed everything wrong with the D&R kit before taking the molds as nothing fit the way it was supposed to. Everything fits great now. All the above for $3350
    What do think. It would certanly help in my decision if I knew some folks where interested in kits
    Question: Where are you located ? Shipping costs (crating) ? How fast can you produce ?

Some of the non-stretched cars look really funny and stubby, and then some look pretty nice. I think it depends on who made the body. Joe 1320.......I'm not sure of your body manufacturer, but yours looks pretty good! Very nice car!

As far as selling and the market for a non-stretched, I'm not sure if there's enough of a demand to justify. Most people you talk to prefer a stretched version and won't even consider a non-stretched.

Also, as far as a market for the 308 or Countach.......Is there really a large enough one anymore? I love the style of the 308 and Countach and I always will, but I am older in age and like the old school exotics. Most of the people that I talk to that are into the 80's cars, are also from the same era as I.

It seems that the newer generation has now moved onto the replica car scene and are into the "newer" cars like the Murcielago, Gallardo, F430, 360, etc. From talking to a few people, a number of them are not even interested in building an old school 308, Testarossa or Countach. Even the Diablo seems to be of less interest as well nowadays. Kit manufacturers seem to see this trend as well since most are always trying to stay on the "cutting edge" by producing the latest model exotic. Just ask yourself, If somebody wanted to purchase a Countach, 308 or Testarossa body kit........Where would you go? Which manufacturer would you buy one from? Think about it......there's not many.

Those are just my thoughts and my 2 cents worth!

Quote Originally Posted by Bxtech
    Just ask yourself, If somebody wanted to purchase a Countach, 308 or Testarossa body kit........Where would you go? Which manufacturer would you buy one from? Think about it......there's not many.
    Exactly! There pretty much isnt anywhere to go. I have seen many a thread asking where to get these kits new and their is always little to no leads at all on them. Thats why I want to do it. Especially the 308. It is by the far the easiest replica to start with especially for a first time builder.

Here are a few pics I found of completed D&R Countaches. You can see from the pics why I bought this body to begin with. It doesn't look as stubby as most non-stretches do.

@CARBUILDER I am in Knoxville, TN. Shipping would cost would be calculated on a case by case basis. It would take about 3 1/2 weeks to get a complete body laid up