Thread: Recommend Fiero Mechanic in Calif ?

Recommend Fiero Mechanic in Calif ?

I need some mechanical help for my kit which is based on a 1985 fiero - suspension, A/C, etc. Can any of the Los Angeles / southern calif. members recommend a trustworthy place or person that's good on fieros (if there is such a thing !?). Thanks.

Re:Recommend Fiero Mechanic in Calif ?

Hello. You could try calling West Coast Fiero in Marina Del Rey. They know their stuff and are avid Fiero enthusiasts.
    Here's a link to their web site:

http://www.westcoastfiero.com/

If you're not too far from them you should stop by and talk in person so you can meet them, and they can meet you. Here's their number:

310-305-4111

I've never had them perform any work for me so this isn't an endorsement. I have however met them several times (they have open houses on Saturdays for folks to hang out and chat fieros, BBQ). They seem quite knowledgable.

Oh, the reason I haven't had them do any work for me is because I do most if not all of my own mechanical work. If you want free advice I can give it to you. I'm in the Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys area.

Cheers, dman

I've been there and DID NOT have a good experience. . [Matter of fact, if I had been happy, I would have had them do my 3.4 conversion but I took that job somewhere else - quite a few $$$.] I also put a post on Pennock's Fiero Forum and got a few replies. Thanks for your input. Sounds like you're not too far away - we should hook up some day for Starbuck's and a chat. I always welcome advice on this project !! Drop me an e-mail.

I haven't lived there for a few years, but I simply cannot recommend anyone higher than Diamond Bar Auto Electric in Diamond Bar (southeast side of Pomona). It is worth the drive. He fixed my A/C for $50 (had a bad ground and needed a recharge) when a dealership said it would be $850. He also correctly diagnosed a problem for me over the phone, based on my description of the problem, which I was able to fix myself for $27. Every other place I called to ask said "bring it in".... This guy is down-to-earth, totally honest, and won't rip you off! Good luck.

Thanks ...I think my electric problems are over (for now). Right now, I need mainly suspension and A/C recharge. I will definitely add them to my files for future reference.