Thread: LP400 Kit

LP400 Kit

Does anyone make an LP400 kit? After the Miura, the early Contach's are my favorite car but I've never seen a kit that didn't have the wheel flares.
    Jamey

Not sure of who builds a kit but here is a build diary if you have not seen it before The Miura project begins - Pennock's Fiero Forum

Um he said he 's looking for a Countach kit without arches and only likes the Miura more? Don't think the Miura link will help him much.

I also lust after a 'Periscopo' Countach with Bravo wheels.

To my knowledge a kit was never made.

It would be a big conversion to a wide arched car for a private person but for a company owning exsisting molds and skills it can't be that hard to do?

Also they would be the only ones in the world to offer this version. I can't believe no one sees this opportunity.

I am not sure of the demand though? It probably appeals to an older customer, but they have more available income anyway????

Who knows?

If someone does one put me on the list please...................................

I have asked this very same question before. Those early Countaches are the most desirable of all models now. I would even love to see a replica of the original LP500 Prototype. I think it is a very beautiful car, very pure in design.

I think the closest you can get to this is the Euroworks Mirage S, but it would still entail quite a bit of work to make the modifications necessary to turn one from a LP400S into a LP400.

Another one I also haven't seen anyone do (but would love to see anyhow) is a replica of the red and black Walter Wolfe Countach.

Thanks for the Miura build link. It is very long and haven't had a chance to get through it yet.

I read somewhere that the wheel arches are larger on the LP400S than the LP400 so I guess you would have to cut the flares off and then rework the wheel arches to the correct size.

Are there any other difference between the base bodies?
    Jamey

Just minor differences. I think there is a slight difference with the nose and the air intakes below the front bumper. There is a picture in one of the Countach books that shows one on the assembly line up close and I recall it was a little bit different. Of course, as you mentioned, there is the periscope cutout in the roof.

In the very first few cars, they also had different side windows.