Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What other donor cars can you build a Murci on?

Question What other donor cars can you build a Murci on?

I have a stretched fiero, but it might be nice to get something with better suspension and newer parts. I would also like to keep the interior as-is for now and slowly convert it.

Most common are Pontiac Fiero, and Toyota Border mk mr2

It is a Triangle G24 kit. So it would work on an MR2 also? Is there a thread comparing the fiero v mr2 for donor? Thx.

I have a murci on a boxter, and the vendetta on the fiero. Nobody really makes an interior kit for the porsche so you have to be creative, but the car is years ahead.

MR2 has great interior and good suspension that you could also up grade both.

Have seen the Dodge Intrepid used (ok ok only once or twice but they were used !!!).

Intrepid ? The wheelbase is way too long

I think you mean dodge stratus?

Quote Originally Posted by CARBUILDER View Post
    Have seen the Dodge Intrepid used (ok ok only once or twice but they were used !!!).
    Any links? Curious as to how that looks

I own a Dodge Intrepid. The wheel base was I think 110 or something like that. Its a very long car. I secondly wouldn't consider using one as a donor for a kit. Sure those 3.3's are bullet proof but the transmissions were awful. I'm on my 4th and I'm about to call it quits with the car all together. Theres also not many applications you can buy for them in the aftermarket world, hell I can't even get a CAI or exhaust, they would have to be custom fabbed. The rear suspension would have to be fully modified to accept disk brakes because they are drum brakes.

I wouldn't recommend them at all for a kit.

The later more advanced models like the 3.5 weren't any better and stay clear from the 2.7 and 3.8 models, they were pure junk.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
    I own a Dodge Intrepid. The wheel base was I think 110 or something like that. Its a very long car. I secondly wouldn't consider using one as a donor for a kit. Sure those 3.3's are bullet proof but the transmissions were awful. I'm on my 4th and I'm about to call it quits with the car all together. Theres also not many applications you can buy for them in the aftermarket world, hell I can't even get a CAI or exhaust, they would have to be custom fabbed. The rear suspension would have to be fully modified to accept disk brakes because they are drum brakes.
    I wouldn't recommend them at all for a kit.
    The later more advanced models like the 3.5 weren't any better and stay clear from the 2.7 and 3.8 models, they were pure junk.
    PROBABLY WHY CHRYSLER' LAMBORGHINI OWNERSHIP DID NOT GO WELL ...
    "The Intrepid's design can be traced to 1986, when designer Kevin Verduyn completed the initial exterior design of a new aerodynamic concept sedan called Navajo. The design never passed the clay model stage. It was also at this time that the Chrysler Corporation purchased bankrupt Italian sports car manufacturer Lamborghini. The Navajo's exterior design was reworked and became the Lamborghini Portofino, released as a concept at the 1987 Frankfurt Auto Show. The Portofino was heralded as a design triumph, setting in motion Chrysler's decision to produce a production sedan with the Portofino's revolutionary design, called "cab-forward"."