Thread: Will there ever be a Mp4-12c replica?

Question Will there ever be a Mp4-12c replica?

You know, a car inspired by McLaren's latest offering.

I can't figure out if that car is to niche, for a kit maker to take up the project. Obviously everyone want's a Ferr@ri, or L@mborghini, but I'm curious if there would be significant demand for lesser known exotics.

One major benefit is, that most people have never seen the real thing, so us builders can get away with more, than when we replicate a "mainstream" exotic.

I had the pleasure of pulling up next to an mp412c a few weeks ago in a petrol station, it looked great but not overly exotic.
    I think it would be fairly niche but on the other hand thats a good thing isn't it as the OP stated you could get away with more.
    whats the wheelbase? it did not look to much bigger than a mk2 mr2

Quote Originally Posted by pinincoupe View Post
    I had the pleasure of pulling up next to an mp412c a few weeks ago in a petrol station, it looked great but not overly exotic.
    I think it would be fairly niche but on the other hand thats a good thing isn't it as the OP stated you could get away with more.
    whats the wheelbase? it did not look to much bigger than a mk2 mr2

Wheelbase, 2670 mm (105.1 in)

I dont know about anyone else but I have been next to that car and it is nice but it is unimpressive to me. The 458 is GORGEOUS by comparison.

The mp412c is a technological marvel but that is the extent of it.

I seriously hope nobody tries to make a replica of it! I'd hate to see someone lose everything for the sake of a car. McLaren are known for ruthlessly protecting their IP, and with their new range of cars this is going to be even more important given the volumes they're making and seeing as it's only a matter of time until McLaren are on par with Ferrari and Lambo - and they're already light years ahead on the technology side!

Anyone who isn't a fan of the MP4-12C should really spend some time with the car and you'll soon learn to appreciate just how far ahead of the game it is, and when they show their next car it really is going to be as much of a leap as the McLaren F1 was all that time ago! You guys will be blown away.