Thread: Help with shipping

Help with shipping

i need to find a reputable shipper that has experience with partially built kit cars. the body is mounted and the doors/lids are secured. car is not running. prefer enclosed. i know some of you guys have shipped or received cars in this state. please help. i have a sale pending and the shipping is the final detail that needs sorting. thanks

anyone????

Enclosed is the only way, they have special trucks that have a flat ramp you drive onto/push onto

Try uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Cars or Moves they are an online broker that provides jobs to shippers who bid for your shipment. Worth a shot.

I struggled more with the shipping than I did with the selling of my DNA 360. In the end the guy who bought it didn't tell the shipping company about the state of the car and they were super annoyed (to say the least but this is a family website!)
    I had packed everything up into boxes and bubble wrapped everything and also strapped all of the body panels in place. I think if you can do that, get the car 'rolling' so that it can be pushed and then when you ask for quotes state that the car rolls but doesn't run. Also note that it is however self contained (my DNA wasn't which annoyed them even more)
    The driver left with the rear lens and the front bumper in his cab. Not a happy bunny.

Next thing is if you go on the net and google car transport, there are many sites that offer free quotes. Try some. I've just had quotes ranging from $1275 to $547 to ship a car. I didn't go for the cheapest but not far off.

Don't use your main phone number though as these people will kill you with calls!

Uship are good from that standpoint in that they don't call until you have a price your happy with. They also have a photo option which may put some shippers off but at least they know what they are letting themselves in for.

I'm waiting for a good quote on the site right now to bring my viper GTS home.

Hope some of this helps and good luck!

Another thing to consider... many shipping companies will only take cars that are running that they can drive on and off of the truck. If the car is not running, sometimes they will refuse it. So.... if your car is not in a running state, inquire in advance on their policies.

Something else I've noticed about uship. A company called Montway auto transport wanted about $750 to ship my car through Uship but their website says it's $650...
    Might help save you some $$$

Quote Originally Posted by *fill-up* View Post
    Enclosed is the only way, they have special trucks that have a flat ramp you drive onto/push onto
    do you have any specific names of companies that will do enclosed, not running? thanks

is it still possible to get a fiero based car across from the US to Canada? i have a sale pending for my vendetta and this border issue is the last hurdle to cross. the vin is visible. the body is mounted and the car isnt running due to the cooling system being removed. any help would be appreciated.