Thread: 612 Scaglietti kit wanted

612 Scaglietti kit wanted

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to track down the Ferrari Scaglietti 612 kit. I know there's a cracking one that exists, because I saw one for sale on our local car sale website. Check out the pics.

It sold in a hurry and as you can tell from the interior, it's damn awesome.

I was looking at the Murcielago conversion by Extreme Sportscars in the UK but I don't fancy the MR2. So I looked at the F430 and it looks good. The donor car is brilliant too - The Peugeot 406 coupe. So a decent to base to build from.

Only trouble is the 430 is a rear-engined vehicle while the Scaglietti is not and I want a front engined, 4 searter stallion built over a decent base. The Scaglietti answers this but I've been thus far unsuccessful in sourcing a kit. And yet obviously these photo's attest to their existence.

Any assistance would be welcome.

Best regards,

Pandarus

Name:  Replica Ferrari 4.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  20.3 KBName:  Replica Ferrari 3.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  20.0 KB

One more photo.

Notice this seems to be the Ferrari on-board computer. Interesting. If it wasn't on Carpoint, I'd say it was ripped from SR - and we all know what a dodge that place is.

Name:  Replica Ferrari 8.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  20.0 KB

this one? ??
    2007 CUSTOM KITCAR Cars For Sale in VIC - CarPoint Australia

Nice effort....Not a replica just styled similarly to a 612 look i guess. The GUI of the screen must be a mod.

That car above is a stock Hyundai Tiburon with Ferrari badges
    Last edited by jasone; 01-17-2012 at 09:53 PM.

The guy was definitely onto something there though! That Tiburon looked awesome in Ferrari trim. It looked like he did some side panel work too, to make it look more authentic. The rear of the car doesn't need much cosmetically to replicate the real deal either. Nice car!

A little photoshop taking 612 parts directly over to the Tibby, the front bumper had to be made thicker from the headlights down, and stretched from in front of the wheel well. The body sculpting had to be modified by making the swoosh taller, and the Tibby's door jambs were kept. Although a 4 or 5" stretch from just in front of the firewall to behind the front wheel arch would be optimum...here's about what it would look like without a stretch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i saw this on carsales and being from australia haha and all i can say this aint no replica just a few mods really

There's very little 'custom' or 'kit car' about this particular vehicle apart from the flashed sat nav (with the Ferrari logo). It's a 100% stock Hyundai Tiburon ('Coupe' here in the UK) in TSIII spec, with a load of Ferrari badges stuck on it. Even the wheels, quad exhausts, and interior are original Korean-equipment manufacture parts.

I do agree that it looks very well, but if there's one thing it certainly isn't, that's a 612 replica, and inevitably it's not worth anywhere near their asking price.

Here's a couple of photographs of the UK TSIII-spec Hyundai Coupe, see how many differences you can spot (aside from the high spoiler which is an optional extra in the photos below):

Oh yeah, without a doubt there are plenty of differences. I was merely suggesting that it could be a possible donor for a replica, but a 4" stretch from the firewall to the front wheel arch would make it a much better looking one too. With a stretch the doors would be able to mimic the 612 much better as well.