Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1938 BMW 328 replica

1938 BMW 328 replica

Well I posting this because I trying to see if there is any interest. My father has built a one off replica of a 1938 BMW 328 roadster. We are currently building a body for ourselves. I was checking with you guys to see if anyone would be interested as well. Here are some photos of the body and some of the panels. Thanks feel free to ask any questions. Thank Luke
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by lukester; 02-14-2012 at 02:05 AM.

I had no idea that BMW had a 328 before Ferrari did. Interesting project and certainly demonstrates a lot of talent.

Beautiful! What's the donor and how much would it cost ?

That looks an MGA chassis.

How much do you want for your 328
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

We are almost done with the bodies. As for the donor chassis Im still looking into it. We have a modified triumph spitfire under it right now. Once we work out the particulars I will let you all know. as far as the price we need to figure that out too. The goal is that if we do sell bodies we can direct you to a chassis that is already produced that uses conventional parts straight axle or IRS and most likely a mustang 2 frontend. This is so that the buyer can keep cost down. I will let you know when they are ready. thanks Luke

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by lukester View Post
    Well I posting this because I trying to see if there is any interest. My father has built a one off replica of a 1938 BMW 328 roadster. We are currently building a body for ourselves. I was checking with you guys to see if anyone would be interested as well. Here are some photos of the body and some of the panels. Thanks feel free to ask any questions. Thank Luke

I am very interested in your project. I am from Luxembourg and if you write me directly to bonnevoiture06@gmail.com we could discuss the details and so on.
    Thank you very much in advance,

Kind regards,

Jean

Hi there, is there any further development on these bodies? Been hunting for a 328 for a while - even considering scratch building one.

If you could use a modern donor chassis that would be great , so it already has a modern drivetrain and is reliable

How about a compact truck chassis like early 2000s Chevy s10? The body comes off easily , has a powerful v6, etc

It might be too big of a frame though

For a vintage donor, I would say vw beetle but those are getting expensive !!

Hi guys my dad is almost done with most of the car. The progress has been slow due to mom getting cancer. Well a bunch on surgeries and a a lot of prayer and looks like she is going to make a full recovery. So now back to car building. Had to take care of mom first. after all she is mom and you only get one of those. as for the chassis we have been fooling around with that while mom has been recovering. I should have it all sorted out very shortly. Thanks for everyone patience..Lukester

Too right - family and health first.