Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New project need input - Fiberfab Jamaican

New project need input - Fiberfab Jamaican

I recently picked up a Fiberfab Jamaican (from the front firewall back). Read up a little on the Jamaican and it was "supposed to be" inspired by the Lambo Miura. I did a few drawings to compare the two and lets just say the Miura is a beautiful car. The Jamaican has nice lines but is no Miura. I started playing with different takes on the Jamaican. Here are some of my quick line profiles. The first are the two overlaid on each other then each one separate. I then shifted the cab forward on the Jamaican to allow for a rear flip keeping the slope of the rear window and extending the roof. That looks kind of funky so I did it again keeping the slope of the roof and lowering the rear window to meet it. It looks better. Since I don't have a front end and think that is one place that the Jamaican is really suffering on design I just did a quick trace of the Miura nose. Looks better. Added a rear kickup spoiler too. Finally I did the same front end trace on the stock Jamaican rearend. It actually looks pleasing but it is no Miura. I don't expect it to be a Miura replica or for that matter I don't want to imply that I a trying to make it look like a Miura just trying to get ideas of what I can do with it. Please feel free to comment and make suggestions as to other styling that might make this old 60's kit appealing and unique.

Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by bgullatt; 02-23-2012 at 08:12 AM.

removed dead links
    Last edited by bgullatt; 01-31-2018 at 08:02 AM. Reason: removed links to old photos that are no longer on file

What a bizarre coincidence... I am supposed to be getting a Fiberfab Jamaican. My plan is to build a tube frame for a V8 drivetrain.

Jack

I have to decide direction on this one. If I go mid engine I will do the stretch as in the purple profile. If I go front engine I will have to come up with a front end. I know of a chassis from an older Cobra kit laying around. If I can get my hands on it that might make my decision easier!

Quote Originally Posted by bgullatt View Post
    I have to decide direction on this one. If I go mid engine I will do the stretch as in the purple profile. If I go front engine I will have to come up with a front end. I know of a chassis from an older Cobra kit laying around. If I can get my hands on it that might make my decision easier!
    I have a very funny question. If you just acquired this car then why is it still sitting in my back yard? This car is for sale and still belongs to me. If anyone is interested in buying it just let me know, I will be happy to sell it to you.

I also have 3 Bradley Gt's, which you can see in the background of the pictures that this other guy has posted. Lol........busted!

I don't see any pics with the 3 bradley gts? has the original post been edited?
    Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Quote Originally Posted by bangsters View Post
    I don't see any pics with the 3 bradley gts? has the original post been edited?
    If you look in the center picture, you will see a black one sitting next to the Jamaican. I have 2 more on the other side. I have a yellow one and a silver one.

I even went out in the back to make that my car was still there. I'm not real sure why this guy is claiming to own my car.

I've been trying to load some pictures of the Bradley's and the Jamaican but for some reason they aren't loading.