Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Countach side mirrors

Countach side mirrors

What is everyone going to use for outside mirrors? The ones I got from IFG are cheesy... are originals available?

kitcarnut

Re:Countach side mirrors

We talked about it before, they are Vitaloni turbo. Not baby turbo.
    Pantera Detomaso (EURO ) used same as Countach. you can still get it ,there is a place in Florida they have it but only manuals .The electrics are all sold out .

A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Vitaloni mirrors are no longer being made, supposedly the company went out of business years ago. I had already checked the Empi link...and was told they no longer carry them...plus many other dealers. I like the the Vitaloni Concept V mirror(same link)...they look more "european" than the basic turbos. Kitcarnut, if you could get a little more info from that company that would be great....manual is o.k with me. By the way there is another company called Rally that carries Euro style mirrors.
    Thanks guys

kitcarnut

Pantera East,St Petersburg FL
    sales@mapenterprises.net
    or look up under Pantera East. or mapeneterprises

If you hve never driven a Countach before you don't know the value of electric mirrors. I STRONGLY recomend you to search until you find electric mirrors for your own safety and of course the safty of your car.

The reason is, you can not see out of the rear of the car at 45-digree angles (BLIND SPOTS). For left lane changes, you can pretty much manage by using your driver side mirror while it's still, BUT for a right lane change, I would be up the creek if I didn't have an electric mirror to scan left and right observing oncoming traffic. In other words, I use my pasenger side mirror like a periscope to check ALL the lanes for cars before executing a right lane change. It has saved me from many wrecks due to onlookers looking at my car that are in my blind spot and don't realize it. I do have a rearview mirror installed as well but still a bad blind spot on the right side. Once you drive a Countach, you are driving for everyone else on the road in your area, watching their every move and driving styles. Also, depending on the kind of car they are in and their age is something you consider when driving a Countach safely. People just don't realize you can't see them in that little Exotic Car. ....Just my .2 cents.

WEll, no luck with the pantera site...atleast with the Vitaloni's.
    He's checking on alternatives for me. Is everyone else using electric mirrors ? Sounds o.k. if I can find an affordable european looking one...that's in stock. I jave been looking at O.E.M. mirrors and have no real luck yet. My friend uses manual Vitaloni's on his countach with no problems...but he's very careful with lane changes and has a rear-view camera. What about puting those small panoramic add-on pieces to the edge of the mirror toget more side vision?

I got my Vitaloni's last summer at a local shop you've prehaps heard of it... I beleive it's called Pep Boys. I got them home for about $40 total! They may even be on-line.

Also, just my 2 cents regarding blindspots and the idiots who drive in them. I would recommend a rearview camera and/or AT LEAST the little 2" convex stick-on mirrors. I have a Dodge Shelby Charger with a HUGE blind spot & once you get used to the convex mirrors, they work great. I personally think adjusting your mirrors everytime you need to make a lane change seems a little dangerous.

Countach 711, can you help me find a Vitaloni Convex V mirror ? I have tried many places with no luck including the internet...Check your local Manny Moe and Jack and see if ones there...I would be greatly appreciated.