Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F430 Replica

Ferrari F430 Replica

Hello guys, this is my first post and i'd like a little advice.

I have been offered a F430 Replica created using a Toyota MR2 2.0, the car has done 80,000 miles and it's from 1993. I'm not sure if I should get it.

I'm 17 years of age and not sure if a kit car would be good for me? Would I get it insured for a reasonable price? Also what would you guys pay for this car?

Here's a picture of it.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Well, I't looks awkward, like twisted or something, I wouldn't buy it, but, that's up to you.

PS I'm also 17 and hoping to build a DNA some time in future *fingers crossed*

It looks fine to me. I think the photo angle is what makes it look a little off. Best to check it out in person if you're interested.

Is that on an unstretched Mr2?

Things to think about.

Since a kit car has been fabricated. A lot can go wrong with it. If you don’t have the experience of dealing with the positional problems It will cost you plenty to have someone else do it for you.
    Fiberglass kit cars have not been crash tested. If you get into an accident. Which being 17 you probably will. (nothing personal) Your Kit Car may not hold up as well as a production made car.
    Damage to the fiberglass may result into replacing the whole section. Not just a simple fender.
    If you’re considering on purchasing a kit car that someone else has built. Have someone who knows what they are looking at inspect it fully for you. A lot can go wrong if it was not assembled property.
    Good luck with your decision.

looks like a dave jones mk2 mr2 based 430, I think they look good and it appears to be in pretty good shape.
    re the insurance, when I looked in to insuring a stock mk2 MR2 probably 6 years ago it would have cost me twice an f355 kit.
    make a call to adrian flux or someone that specializes in kit insurance

yep, thats a dj kit... not my cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post
    Well, I't looks awkward, like twisted or something, I wouldn't buy it, but, that's up to you.

PS I'm also 17 and hoping to build a DNA some time in future *fingers crossed*
    It looks off due to the him parking in the gutter, I cropped the pictures a little so you cannot see that.

Thanks everyone for the replies, it's a Dave Jones kit as mentioned by some users.

Still unsure and will get someone who knows what their doing to inspect it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jets303 View Post
    Is that on an unstretched Mr2?
    It's not stretched no, I know that it won't be an exact but for a first time kit owner it won't really bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cars View Post
    It looks off due to the him parking in the gutter, I cropped the pictures a little so you cannot see that.

Thanks everyone for the replies, it's a Dave Jones kit as mentioned by some users.

Still unsure and will get someone who knows what their doing to inspect it for me
    Well good luck. But look at this, man, I'm drooling over it hehe.

Name:  uAvTC.jpg
Views: 4332
Size:  70.5 KB

Btw, that's a DNA kit, built by beemaman, this is his build thread beemamans f430 build