Thread: Hi everyone I would like to introduce myself.

Hi everyone I would like to introduce myself.

Hi,

I'm Dan. I am very interested in building a kit car of my own. However I want to know what I am doing first. This looks like a helpful discussion board so here it is. Where do I start? What tools do I need? What is the best method for selecting the best kit etc etc....... Like I said before I am very new to the entire kit car scene and I'm not in contact with anyone who has built their own but I am extremely interested. Any help on how to simply get started would be appreciated very much. My email addy is danielthomasreid@yahoo.com and my aol sn is tallpassboy thanks and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Re:Hi everyone I would like to introduce myself.

Welcome abord Dan.

What are you driving today?

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Tons of help here for ya! Let us know what cars you are interested in. Chances are,,,,,,,,,someone on this board is into it or knows someone who can get the answer. Don't be shy. Also,,,,,,,,use the search function to look for answers that were discussed in the past. Occasionally,,,,,,,,someone my just place a link to your questions because they know we have talked it to death already! Dont' be offended,,,,,,,,just get involved and welcome to the wonderfully expensive,,,,wonderfully exciting,,,,,,,,and incredibly frustrating world of KITCARS!!!!!! 8)

welcome aboard
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Thanks guys,

Well funny wheels I was driving an old monte carlo but thats gone now. No biggie I never liked the car anyway. Right now I'm looking for a motorcycle or commuter car to just get me around for the time being but I eventually want something to turn heads in. As far as the cars I am interested in I really like the little bit I've seen of lambo kit cars and that is basically it because that is the only thing that has turned up in my websearch. As far as which kit I eventually end up making I haven't decided yet. Because the only kits I know about are for the quintach diablo and shelby cobra and I am sure that there are alot more kits out there so I want to know what my options are before I dive in. Can anyone direct me for the best way to pick out which kit and where to get it from? Anything you wish you knew when you started this that you would like to tell me now? thanks guys

Dan:

This might be a good start for you. It is a 355 Ferrari replica and will be easy to build for your first time. Contact John Watson, Air Dynamics, 706-971-4676. The car mounts to a Fiero platform 1984-1988. I have seen these Fieroís sell for $100 up. Look for a V6 auto or 5-speed. You can drive the Fiero before you do anything to it to see if you enjoy the car. We can guide you through the process. Powerhouse and DKOV sell kits as well. We all can help you.

Regards,

Dave

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I would recommend looking at sites like http://www.kitkar.com/gallery.shtml to see what interests you. Then if you see something you like you can ask the good people here for information on it.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

Well i guess I better get my plug in here too ;D ... First of all welcome to the forum Dan, Considering you have a great name
    I would only assume you are about to get addicted to a way of life and a way of thinking that we have all been so proud to boast about! If you have never been deeply into this kind of stuff... i have one WARNING: do not forget your wife!!!! or partner...etc.... I have gotten so addicted to this awesome habit of kit cars that I now have to make sure I schedule "Quality Time" with the wife... this way I stay in the good books and out of the Dog House! I know I am not the only one here mentioning "Quality Time" as being with someone other that our cars/projects. :

secondly Ask Tons of questions. There is never a dumb question, just dumb results for not asking. RESEARCH is very crucial as well. This is a great forum to learn everything and anything about your newfound addiction.

Lastly my business evolved out of this forums and discussions that were had through here. You can visit my site www.powerhousesports.net I broker what I believe to be some of the VERY best products in the industry. From Air Dynamics 355 & 360 to the $460,000. Koenigsegg. Look around and ask anything you want.

WELCOME ABOARD!!
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Welcome Dan!

Hey Dan!

Hey... that's TWO Dans

My advice on what to do to get started?

Realize that EVERYONE is bias and will tell you what THEY like

Shop for your EXPERIENCE level as a priority... take a look at the amount of unfinished kits to understand why

Get plugged into your local chapter of the "kit car club" or your local equivilent. These guys can help you, train you and guide you. The biggest benefit is that you can get involved in a current member's build and gain some experience and insight into what you are contemplating. Might help you with point #2 above

Realize that your "dream" will get a whole lot ugly before it gets pretty. Don't get discouraged.

Take your time and PLAN. Stick to your plan and budget. Also, don't look at your project as an "Investment". You will never get out of it what you're putting into it unless it's cr@p.

Have fun! If you don't, it's not worth it.

Best,

DKOV -
    DKOV Motorsports -