Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ground clearence F430 vs Murci vs Bentley GT-SS

Ground clearence F430 vs Murci vs Bentley GT-SS

Hello everybody

i was wondering about ground clearence on the following cars : Ferrari F430(also 458-Enzo) - Lamborghini Murcielago(also gallardo) - Bentley Continental Gt SuperSports .

if anybody knows exactly,please post , ground clearence is very important ,i searched on my own the google,but got different answers ranging from 2in to 5.5in

Think it would more depend on the roads you intend to travel on unless it's a race track .

This is a replica site
    Ground clearance will differ based on donor car

on race tracks i believe ground clearence is the minimum, i am asking about stock ground clearence for normal road legal use , i got an answer on ferrari forum that the 430 scuderia is 3.8in and the normal 430 is 4.5in , i dont know how accurate is this, but for the murcielago i got an answer that its 5.5 in !!!! could this be true ? i mean the murcielago looks much much more lower than the 430,but in fact its higher ?!? , thats why i posted here because you guys are the experts, when you make a replica you measure everything in the stock super car and the donor to make a good lookin replica.

i know its a replica site , ground clearence sure is the donor's car stock ground clearence, but when you put on a kit , you need to adjust the height and ground clearence to make it a good looking replica ,so it kindof matters even if its a replica site .

sorry if i bothered you guys here,but my questions are infact related to the kit car world . if nobody can help me at all my questions,at least tell me if it could be true that the murcielago is 5.5 in and the 430 is 4.5 , is it possible?

If the front of 430 from the bottom curve inline with the vent to the top is 12' on the flat part then is the ground clearance is 4.5 "
    Will get back to you on the lambo

Lambo the same

Quote Originally Posted by 917kit View Post
    Lambo the same
    Thanks man , so in conclusion the f430 4,5in , and the Lambo Murcielago is also 4,5in ? when i read that Lambo is 5,5in i thought it was very hard to believe .
    so in general i should not be scared of driving a Lambo in a shitty road or over a speed bump, the car i own now is 5,5in bmw ci , and i never ever had an issue with ground clearence,so i guess 4,5in wont be that bad to manage

You can d.load GIMP 2.6 for free then you can get an image of any thing and GIMP will give you the angle's and height but you need a reference such as tire size so you can work out the ratio. The GIMP tool is the Dividers Icon. Let me know if you need more info

Gimp is that software for graphics design or something? so you got to know the ground clearence of a Murci/F430 using the program ? or you are sure that the murcie ground clearence = F430 ground clearence = 4,5in ?

Go by some thing you know such as wheel rim size say 15" might = 80 pixels. 80 divided by 15 gives you 5.3 so measure what you want in GIMP gives you pixel number divide by 5.3 tell you the height also does angles.
    Accuracy depends on the pic bit hard to work out where the ground is if in a shadow to measure up to under body.