Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 360 this summer

New 360 this summer

This message is directed towards Powerhouse, I just wanted to know if they started to build the kits for the new and improved 360 coupe or spyder that was going to be built on a corvette chasis? What is the status on this? The summer is right around the corner.

Re:New 360 this summer

I have information on the topic. John Watson, Air Dynamics is building one car, his own personal car. It will be based on a custom frame, with some Corvette components including the complete interior and windshield assembly. He is at least a year away from completing the finished car if at all. Keep in mind the donor car is going to be in the neighborhood of 20K. This is going to be a very expensive car for him to build. He told me again yesterday, he has no plans to offer a kit of components for a 360 to others. It is going to be a one off car for his own use.

If you have any questions regarding the car, please feel free to contact John Watson at 706-971-4676. Tell him you saw this note from Dave Newman and wanted additional information.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Louis.....

Call me for some clarification
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Please allow me to correct the previous post... : ... again.
    John is currently building the 360on the fireo to line up the panels so he can take the molds from this car and transfer them to the corvette chassis. Now of course this car will be his own personal car and will serve as a model to show the world how great this car can be done. I do have a working relationship with John, and i will only push John's product. Whether you buy from John or buy from the powerhouse, the price will be the same the product will be the same.

John will not entertain offers from anyone wanting to buy as a kit and will only build the 360 providing it is built to his standards. It is NOT available through the normal channels as his 355 kits are. These 360's are nothing like the MR2 version when you compare quality. The interior will stay corvette interior.

If it is your hope to purchase the 360 from John, Then I would highly recommend coming through the powerhouse for the arrangements. Louis, you know as well as I do, the constant calls/emails & picture requests that are associated with these cars and how time consuming it will be.

john wants to focus on this car in one way and one way only. The powerhouse has a STRONG belief in John, His abilities and will place TURNKEY only orders on behalf of him.

I hope this clears up any confusion from the previous and other posts.

Only push Johns products?

Dan is right... I spoke with John about it as well when working out some details for another project and he said NO KITS for the 360 but he will build Turn-Keys for folks provided they take it as it comes... no compromises.

It will be on a 'Vette. The Fiero is temp.

In fact, that fiero chassis that it's moutned on has a bit of history as well... Ask him about it sometime.

Best,

DKOV -

Well I'll push the other products once the supplier gets the photos to me to show them and how good they really are : I was refering to the 360 replica in terms of the push. The mr2 replica kit is no longer available... except for 1 last kit from a Private seller 8,500.00.

Do i sense an alliance building here? ;D hmmmmm I like the sound of "Authorised Sales Agents for DKOV Motorsports"...... hmmmm

Re: New 360 this summer

dna, what's the donor?

Escalade182

its an mr2 donor.

go with extremes kit. dna seems like he's only out too make money and his kit's pretty inaccurate.

extremes kit is molded from a real 360 if i remember correctly. is almost a bolt on to the 406 chassis. and he seems to be a friendly, insertive guy. caring about the customers opinions and just out to sell a good product.

if your goin for a mid engine set-up...theres PLENTY of room in the back of the 406

Quote Originally Posted by Escalade182
    its an mr2 donor.

go with extremes kit. dna seems like he's only out too make money and his kit's pretty inaccurate.

extremes kit is molded from a real 360 if i remember correctly. is almost a bolt on to the 406 chassis. and he seems to be a friendly, insertive guy. caring about the customers opinions and just out to sell a good product.

if your goin for a mid engine set-up...theres PLENTY of room in the back of the 406
    Escalade get your facts straight... EXTREME's kit requires alot of welding it is not bolt on, Where did you get that?. DNA kit is a knockoff of the German kit and is bolt on. If you want a sppyoer (convertable) go with the German kit or DNA. If you want a Coup (Hardtop) Then go with extreme.

Escalade182

alright I thought I remembered seeing 'bolt on' spelt somewhere. and this picture kinda looked like it

alright so I was wrong... but its DNA's attitude that pisses me off. :-\
    spam spam spam