Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Watsons Wraith II car is for sale.

Glad to see you back in the forums John..

I know I'm kind of resurrecting an old thread... again... but if anyone is interested the other surviving Wraith prop car had recently been showcased on Jay Leno's Garage last week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L50MOc-XmcA

I had posted about the project in the past but nobody seemed to be interested in it. I've been reluctant to post a new thread about it, so I figure maybe I can just camp on to this one for now.

Jay was rather disappointed that he couldn't take the car out on the road, but at least it had a reunion with Charlie Sheen. It was no secret that Charlie wasn't a fan of the movie, so he didn't have a lot of good things to say. He did say, on set, that seeing the car really took him back and he was impressed with how it looked. Jay praised the design, but said little else. At least rough publicity is better than no publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by escaperoute View Post
    I know I'm kind of resurrecting an old thread... again... but if anyone is interested the other surviving Wraith prop car had recently been showcased on Jay Leno's Garage last week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L50MOc-XmcA

I had posted about the project in the past but nobody seemed to be interested in it. I've been reluctant to post a new thread about it, so I figure maybe I can just camp on to this one for now.

Jay was rather disappointed that he couldn't take the car out on the road, but at least it had a reunion with Charlie Sheen. It was no secret that Charlie wasn't a fan of the movie, so he didn't have a lot of good things to say. He did say, on set, that seeing the car really took him back and he was impressed with how it looked. Jay praised the design, but said little else. At least rough publicity is better than no publicity.
    Terrible movie but I liked it then as I do now. I guess and movie with a cool car is all it takes.
    This was a fun interview / guest on Jay's show.

Quote Originally Posted by ratrog64 View Post
    Terrible movie but I liked it then as I do now. I guess and movie with a cool car is all it takes.
    This was a fun interview / guest on Jay's show.
    Over the years of working on the restoration, I would get questions about what the movie was, if it was worth watching. I'd warn the people who didn't know anything bout it: "If you're looking for Oscar worthy performances, you're not going to find it in this movie. If you want mindless 80's staple entertainment (cars, rock-n-roll, hard-to-follow plot, and nudity) you might just be impressed."