Thread: John Watsons Wraith II car is for sale.

John Watsons Wraith II car is for sale.

I'm not sure how many people here know John Watson anymore. But he was the person that produced the AD355, AD360, and was working on a LP640 kit. However long before that John built concept cars in Detroit for big three. On of his best cars he designed was the Wraith. The original Wraith was used in a movie with the same name back in the 1980's. After that movie he started work on the Wraith II. It appears it was going to be for a sequel to the movie, but that never happened so he decided to try and produce the car himself as a limited production supercar. As the legend goes he produced one working prototype and sunk a ton of money in it, and it was being tested at the Chrysler proving grounds when there was an accident destroying the car. After that John was unable to keep up the dream of building the car. I thought all examples were long gone, but one of the styling plugs showed up on eBay today. Really interesting to see.

Here is an album on the car in case the eBay ad goes down.
    Wraith II - Imgur

Here is the text from the ad.

The “Wraith” film car was essentially the Chrysler M4S Turbo Interceptor concept car. Working with the production company, Chrysler approved 6 copies of the M4S for filming: 2 drivers and 4 rolling chassis for crashing scenes and static scenes. By the end of filming, one driver survived, which now resides in the Walter P. Chrysler Museum and one rolling body.

The Wraith II car was created from that one lone survivor for the initial purpose of the sequel film bearing the same name. The project never got fully funded but this updated, reworked and redesigned rolling design buck survived.

The Wraith II was the brainchild of designer and fabricator John Watson. Working with the Chrysler skunk-works in Highland Park, the body was developed in the Chrysler wind tunnel. Once the sequel film was not to come to fruition, John Watson had aspirations to make the Wraith II a limited production supercar. A chassis was in development utilizing Ferrari sub-frames and Corvette suspension and floor pans. Dash and Interior design bucks were also made in anticipation of completing a prototype. This is the ONLY Wraith II in existence. Thousands of hours are invested in the body alone.

This is an outstanding project to complete for one very special car or a great business opportunity for selling Corvette re-body kits or turn keys. (Has the same wheel base as a C5 Corvette).

For sale here is the complete, detailed full-scale rolling design buck and the design rights as well as the following:

[1] Mold for Nose section of the body
    [1] Additional partial body with window cutouts
    [1] Set of lower body panels –ready for use
    [1] Set of acrylic design bucks for the glass
    [1] Custom dashboard
    [1] Chassis jig with primary chassis lay-up – not fully completed
    [1] Late model Corvette floors (New)
    [1] Ferrari Engine Cradle –Rear Sub-frame (New)
    [1] Ferrari Right rear upright, complete (New)
    [1] Ferrari Left rear upright, complete (New)
    [1] Pair Right Control Arms (Upper and Lower) New
    [1] Pair Left Control Arms (Upper and Lower) New
    [1] Ferrari Boxer Windscreen (New)
    [1] Rear windscreen (New)
    [1] Complete set of Corvette brakes -Front and Rear (New)
    [1] Complete Corvette Front suspension -Complete (New)
    [1] Collection of Corvette lights, lenses, misc. parts (New)

No Title. Sold With Bill of Sale Only.

Listed for Private Owner. All Questions will be presented to the Owner for Response. Available for showing in Freeport, Long Island, NY - 20 Minutes from JFK Airport. JetBlue Hub.

And finally the link.

Replica Kit Makes Wraith Design Buck | eBay

WAY OLD. But what every happened to this? Did it get sold?

Looks like a xj220 jaguar mated to a fiero

Holy smokes old thread..
    There was a fiberglass body that came up for sale several years ago down around Chattanooga ,Tn which is right by John... I'll ask him this weekend if he has ever heard much or know who owns some of them...

Edit.. holy mind blown... As soon as I got done replying here .. popped in on Facebook and John made a post about this very same car... Hummm...
    Last edited by Jbrown; 11-17-2017 at 02:54 AM.

is this car used in one of his movie !!
    Agence de location voiture Agadir et location voiture agadir aéroport .Louer vos voitures diesels pas cher au maroc.

wraith II Car

Wraith II car is in Branson, Mo at Dick Clark Museum . Thank you John Watson 615 881 5190
    Last edited by Air-Dyamics; 11-17-2017 at 09:21 AM.

The Wraith or M4S Inteceptor was in the the movie the Wraith.

The car that was or is for sale in this extremely old thread, was the Wraith II or a follow up to the original car.

The first car was in the movie. but the car being sold is for the second concept version to the car imaged below.

You can see the differences in the Wraith 1 to the Wraith II. Personally I prefer the original over the new concept version. I agree with the earlier statement that the car looks a lot like an XJ220 jag of which I am a fan of as well.

The first car looks like it's own thing. While not a "Supercar" it was reasonably quick.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

No this is not. BUT if you want molds taken from one of the surviving movie cars they are for sale for $120,000 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    is this car used in one of his movie !!

Quote Originally Posted by G35Mike View Post
    The Wraith or M4S Inteceptor was in the the movie the Wraith.

The car that was or is for sale in this extremely old thread, was the Wraith II or a follow up to the original car.

The first car was in the movie. but the car being sold is for the second concept version to the car imaged below.

You can see the differences in the Wraith 1 to the Wraith II. Personally I prefer the original over the new concept version. I agree with the earlier statement that the car looks a lot like an XJ220 jag of which I am a fan of as well.

The first car looks like it's own thing. While not a "Supercar" it was reasonably quick.

This one looks like an 80s corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrown View Post
    Holy smokes old thread..
    There was a fiberglass body that came up for sale several years ago down around Chattanooga ,Tn which is right by John... I'll ask him this weekend if he has ever heard much or know who owns some of them...

Edit.. holy mind blown... As soon as I got done replying here .. popped in on Facebook and John made a post about this very same car... Hummm...
    I love those moments synchronicity. They really support the ancient philosophy that reality is really just an unconscious projection/ Dream. And those echo's are the nature of the super unconscious.