Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Got My car back from the bodyshop

Wow! I've never seen or heard of "flocking" before. What an eye-opener! Thanks for sharing Theferret.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozberry View Post
    Wow! I've never seen or heard of "flocking" before. What an eye-opener! Thanks for sharing Theferret.
    I did a small video on it, in case you hadnt seen it.

It basically takes a model creation device that is 3v and makes it 9v for a total of 30 which is the same as what some flocking companies sell for 150.

Really worked well and hides sins lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8wrLjqTE2o

Quote Originally Posted by Theferret View Post
    got a link to the one on there?
    He pulled the auction, but I saved some pics. DDR looks like a million dollars on the outside. This interior screams kitcar.

Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

There is a company that sells fiberglass consoles. I would like to make some super car consoles that people can make fit their cars And some cool dashes that use factory parts yet not like a cheap toyota interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalworks View Post
    There is a company that sells fiberglass consoles. I would like to make some super car consoles that people can make fit their cars And some cool dashes that use factory parts yet not like a cheap toyota interior.
    That's a good ideal. I remember reading in hotrod magazine tips sections of guys going to junkyards and using later model cars door panels and center consoles. I saw the guy put some Camaro door panels on after he cut them down to size and they looked good. The DDR has a nice door setup. You canget creative in there wirh some alcantaro and carbon trim pieces.

The two things that irk me on other kitcars especially fiero based are when they use the door panels and put that small aftermarket steering wheel with that round rubber accordion piece behind it. I like how the lp640 guys have used the fake airbags and steering wheel/ignition surround vs the above setup. Does magic for the look.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

I came from building custom hot rods and muscle cars. I always wanted them to look factory. Ill see if i can find the charger i built an interior for.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/restor...7619790150666/

These are all stock parts made to fit the charger. Challenger console, mazda 3 radio, audi tt flip down radio cover for the ac controls and whatnot and the 2008 charger steering column and gauges.
    Last edited by Royalworks; 02-25-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Although a rubbish quality photo, the dashboard is in but i need to redo all the trim pieces again to fit better now there is no material on the dashboard.

So an update full of pictures. So mine first; Had a small photoshoot with couple of friends.

And ive bought a forged engine to fit I'm going to look at installing some high lift cams for top end but it should also giver a nicer idling sound as well. I'll be then able to give the car far more power than it currently has once its all running ok and I can decide the turbo route to go.

Also the 2nd DDR in the UK has been finished and extensively modified bodywise and engine wise as well with a 6.2l small chevy block being fitted