Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of kit car can you build from a corvette chassie?

What type of kit car can you build from a corvette chassie?

Im trying to figure out what type of kit car i can build on a c5-c6 corvette chassie. I want the kit to look sporty. Is there someone that does custom kits or a kit that may be compatible. I am military so im trying to find something that i can actually complete lol. i have $30k and was looking into doing the vaydor but i know im going to want to ls swap it which will be more cash.

The kits that fit the Vette looked goofy ,like the Viper that never looked right. My 2 cents, sell the Vette "as is" and build the Vaydor,you'll be happy and the guy that buys the Vette will be also.

Quote Originally Posted by Havemurci View Post
    The kits that fit the Vette looked goofy ,like the Viper that never looked right. My 2 cents, sell the Vette "as is" and build the Vaydor,you'll be happy and the guy that buys the Vette will be also.
    The Viper kits were all done on c-4 corvettes and they just did not look correct. There are a couple kits for the c-5 and c-6 that are really great looking , BUT they are very expensive ! By the time you get the vette and the kit you would have more than 40K in it , and still need wheels tires , Paint finish work .....

$30,000 Build

From what I have seen on this forum, $30,000.00 won't build you a finished Vaydor ! There have been some very long posts about it and some disagreement about the level of finish that needs to be done to the Vaydor. I suggest building a Factory Five Cobra replica or one of their new 818 cars, $30k will get it done and with the support you get from Factory Five along with the 2 forums dedicated to them, is a great asset. Just my 2 cents.

"Here is a crazy idea. The chassis may not work for this either, but have you considered maybe a body swap? An old classic vette body with all the new tech under the hood and in the cabin. Would be a good deal of work, but I personally like those conversions. An old meets new sort of thing that just intrigues me. Just a thought."

CRC Classic reflections coachworks will put a 1956 through 1967 style body on your customer provided C-5 or C-6, and they look great ! The Fee is $68,000. including paint but using the original tires and rims, with options like the pic below you are at about $85,000.00 plus the donor Vette.Attachment 32304
    I think The Vaydor is a great looking Car BUT, IMHO It can't be built for $30,000.00 Nobody has shown real numbers like the price of the donor, The price of the kit installed, Can't use the stock interior SO cost of interior finish, New stereo or old OEM unit ? Cost of expensive wheel and tires, balancing and alignment, cost of body work , if done by the builder ? cost of paint if done by a professional ? 5k ? 10k? windshield$, new weatherstrips? Exhaust extension and tips ? Do you use your old faded tail lights on a new car ?
    Knowing the cost of a good running low mile donor ( even wrecked ) and the price of the kit installed , plus everything above , all fasteners, nuts bolts, glue, knobs, ... Doesn't seem possible , To Me. ! I hope someone will post some Honest numbers so we can see.

Our next kit will be on a C5 uncut but i still dont think you will be able to build it for $30k
    Last edited by VAYDOR.BODYKITS; 08-11-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

I was suggesting corvette because I'm seeing engine and transmission chassis for 3-4k on eBay. I have a 2010 camaro Ss, do you think someone does the conversion for the 60's camaro

You cant build a Vaydor for $30k unless you do everything yourself after buying the body package.
    VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

Quote Originally Posted by VAYDOR.BODYKITS View Post
    Our next kit will be on a C5 uncut but i still dont think you will be able to build it for $30k
    I've been silently working on a kit for the c5 platform as well....

C5 Kit that looks good. That would be interesting lol