Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
  • Maybe

1 20.00%

Thread: 2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!

2017 Carlisle Big Replica Car Turn Out!

It's official, RT (Ron) will be bringing the incredible Diablo he has been building to the Carlisle-import-and-performance-nationals. I am also committing to bringing the Countach to the show.

The show is May 19 - 21, 2017, Ron says Saturday the 20th is the big turn out day especially if the weather is good. I am renting an enclosed trailer for the car and planning on leaving Thursday May 18th from Cambridge, Ontario to be at the event Friday for some of the show. Will be there all day Saturday and Sunday.

This year Velocity will be shooting a show at the event. This will create a draw along with the other events planned. Hear is a link to the details. http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...s/default.aspx

If your part way building, thinking of building or have it built, come out! Guys like Ron will be there to answer all the questions about building and guys like myself for the ones "after the build".

Many of us have contributed to the forum over the years and this would be a great opportunity to meet face to face. Share some experiences and appreciation for the community of enthusiast!

Don't be the one that misses the event this year, it's gearing up to be THE ONE!

I called carlisle last late 2016 and left a message for them. Never heard back. I think I could have helped with the car counts when it comes to the old kit cars. Instead I am going to go to the Barber Historics

Looks like a great event! I won't be able to make it due to work schedule, but I'd love to see the kit car section. I hope you will take your video equipment and share the video.

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy View Post
    I called carlisle last late 2016 and left a message for them. Never heard back. I think I could have helped with the car counts when it comes to the old kit cars. Instead I am going to go to the Barber Historics
    I recall you discussing that. Barber a bit far for for me for a weekend. Hope you have a good show!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbdo View Post
    Looks like a great event! I won't be able to make it due to work schedule, but I'd love to see the kit car section. I hope you will take your video equipment and share the video.
    Plan on it, may have to fight my son for camera's.

Yeah I can see ON being a far drive haha

Quote Originally Posted by 88.5countach View Post
    I recall you discussing that. Barber a bit far for for me for a weekend. Hope you have a good show!

For those with FIERO based kits, the GM Nationals (Now called the Chevrolet Nationals / June 23-25) will have a re-bodied class within the FIERO group! Two chances to show your FIERO based kits. Additional information can be had at CARLISLE Events and at the MAFOA web page.

OK looks like I have everything confimed:
    Rental tow truck
    Rental enclosed trailer with tie straps
    Hotel
    Pre-paid entrance

Now its all the boarder paper work....glad I have brokers!

Teaser pic and a video link below will work Friday evening.

https://youtu.be/QZyQHuXLJw4

Quote Originally Posted by 88.5countach View Post
    Teaser pic and a video link below will work Friday evening.

https://youtu.be/QZyQHuXLJw4
    Link to the first teaser video https://youtu.be/QZyQHuXLJw4