Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Fiero kit. What is out there?

Looking for a Fiero kit. What is out there?

Hey Gents.
    Chaz here. Newbie and first time poster. I am looking for a full body kit for a Fiero. Altho I have never done a "kit car" like this, I have built Hot Rods and one Manx clone dune buggy, that I drive daily - weather permitting. I would now like to try my hand at real "Kit".
    I have searched around on the 'net to try to find what might be good out there but ....no avail, so I thought I would come to guys who know.
    I have not got my heart set on any one style, as i like several (I saw some on google images ), I am more interested in WHO out there makes them, the different styles and the quality - if you know it. It also doesn't matter if it needs stretched as I have a FULL welding fab shop to do it correctly.
    So as to not waste anyone's time, if there is a site out there that can steer me towards companies, that would be cool too!!
    Thanks a bunch in advance!! I appreciate your time and help!!!
    Chaz

There really aren't any "companies " selling fiero kits any more ,I think maybe aldino is still around but that's about it

Ifg, naerc, Watson , Jackie , etc all gone . they all disappeared 5-10 years ago when the manufacturers sued them for trademark infringement and it became hard to find fiero donor cars .

So hobbyists bought the leftover molds and might produce a single body to order these days but
    That's more like a custom order and it's not the same as back in the day when you had a catalog of different models to order from

Mad Mechanics member DCT1964 bought the molds for the AD355 Ferrari two years ago... you can reach him at: 417-551-3174 or email at concealedtech@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    There really aren't any "companies " selling fiero kits any more ,I think maybe aldino is still around but that's about it

Ifg, naerc, Watson , Jackie , etc all gone . they all disappeared 5-10 years ago when the manufacturers sued them for trademark infringement and it became hard to find fiero donor cars .

So hobbyists bought the leftover molds and might produce a single body to order these days but
    That's more like a custom order and it's not the same as back in the day when you had a catalog of different models to order from
    I still advertise in the catalogs and those catalogs still have several models to choose from, and my "Company" has been incorporated since 1982. All bodies are made to order one at a time, they are always a custom order, but that is the same way it was back when. Do you want a Countach?

76mx, Is there a link to your ad or is it in kit car magazine? What magazines are still out there?

76mx your cars aren't fiero based are they ?

I subscribe to the kit car magazines too and none of the kits advertised are fiero based

E-Bay ----Always plenty of Fiero based kits from works in progress to put the key in and drive away. Keep in mind that the wheel base sells the illusion of the car. The better looking Ferrari kits (in my opinion) are the 308 /328 kits as the wheel base is almost identical to the original. The lambo's all require a frame stretch to look correct as most stock wheel base versions look 'off'.

Evm_rob on here has a 308 Fiero kit still available. Lots of partial kits out there as well on Craigslist and ebay.

Good luck with the search.
    Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Wow, excellent. Thanks guys. I'm sorry to hear that many have went by the way side but, I guess I could still find something. I know there are plenty of Fiero's around for sale. I'm just not sure what kit I want. Probably not a Countach. I REALLY like the F 40 but I know that ain't happening. I'll just keep my eye open for a "manufacturer" or a basket case.
    Thanks a BUNCH!!!!! I appreciate all the insight and help!!!

There's a bunch of completed f40 replicas on eBay all the time
    Prices are generally In the $10-15k range