Thread: Audi R8 complete exterior kit car..

Audi R8 complete exterior kit car..

My friend and I came across this kit of an Audi R8. We was there just to purchase an engine for a Honda Civic. I ask the guy about it and he told me it's going to cost me a couple grand. Then I ask him a little more information and he was bullshitting about it. Then gave me a ball park price of $18,000 just for that Audi R8 replica well he called it a shell. The first picture is a bit blurry I should of retake it but I was excited about it. My friend and I was thinking about picking it up to do a plug just to reproduce for people on here to buy.

I saw this listed on craigslist in Los Angeles and the guy wanted $500. I was going to buy it but then he sold it to someone else before I could make the trip.

Man I would have been all over that. I wish there was a kit out there. An Audi 4.2 V8 and 0E1 trans with a chassis that I am working on building right now would be the hot ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by AsantiLP View Post
    I saw this listed on craigslist in Los Angeles and the guy wanted $500. I was going to buy it but then he sold it to someone else before I could make the trip.
    $500?!? Damn that would be a steal. But yeah this kit looks like been sitting there for awhile got a lot of debris on it.

I know!! His asking price on craigslist was exactly $500. He even said if its not picked up by next weekend he would chop it up and get rid of it. I might have texted in on Monday and when I wanted to confirm he still had it on Friday so I can make the trip he said someone picked it up already....I almost got a heart attack when I heard that lol. I knew that many members were asking about R8 replica here and I planned to have someone make molds and maybe make one body for me but it was sold before I could snatch it. I would let that new owner know this and see what he says. I am telling you he got it for $500 not one cent more. This guy didn't know anything bout replicas either that's why he priced it that low.

$18,000.00 lol