Thread: My Newest "Vintage" Kit Car

My Newest "Vintage" Kit Car

Before anyone says how ugly it is I want you all to know I have NEVER been a fan of the Invader GT. In fact I am still not a fan of them. BUT I purchased the car because instead of the normal tired old VW engine it was sporting a 90s Subaru EJ22t . Overall the car is in good shape, it starts right up, and runs down the road, and was a deal I could not pass up.

Flash from the past for sure.....

Are you going to update the body style to something a bit more aesthetically pleasing but still keeping the original intent of the design, or just drive it and enjoy?

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Hey Don,

I got it for such a good deal I may just drive it a bit and flip it. I priced out doing the engine swap in another beetle based car and it can approach $5000 if you were going it yourself. A company in Cali charges damn near $17,000 to do the swap and people are paying it. I dont get it but hey whatever.

I will tell you 185hp on tap compared to 40hp sure makes it fun haha

Loving it!
    That has some real potential and is just sooooo different from everything today. Very cool!

looks good and diggin the interior setup! Add a lower faring to the front and back to match the sides

shem