Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please give me your opinions/ thoughts on the Austin Healey 3000 tribute car

Please give me your opinions/ thoughts on the Austin Healey 3000 tribute car

Hi. I can't seem to get pictures to load, so Please click this link and the tell me what you think of this car .
    https://enigmacarsusa.com/photos
    This is a new venture and I believe it would do well in the USA if it were promoted correctly. Thanks in advance for your comments !

Sorry but it doesn't do anything for me.

I like it... almost everything else has been modernized, so why not the Healey? It's main competitor will be the Cobra though, and they're going to be hard to displace. Cosmetically, the grey car needs to be lowered in the front or have smaller wheel arches... the stance looks off with the nose higher than the tail.

Tough call.

Back end looks like it has Ford Street Ka lights. Front end looks close to cool but not quite there. I think itís something to do with the front bumper.

Itís a nice alternative to the usual cobra stuff, but it isnít a Ďclassicí but not drop dead gorgeous either.
    More mature than a caterham or Westfield but I still prefer the styling of the classic coachworks (especially without the wide arches.)

I think it would work in the UK market but probably not the US.

If it were a company, Iím not sure I would invest. But then again, I thought the same thing about impact bumper 911s (and now I have one in the garage) and people bought wide bodied 356 speedster reps too.

I like the idea of a Healey redo but this effort isnít enough to get the juices going. A wishy-washy side view, combined with a bland interpretation of the historic front design that never was very compelling in the first place, just isnít enough.
    It could be pulled off but not with this design.

I dont think it looks very good.

http://www.sebringinternational.co.uk/mx

These guys have been going for ages, this is the austin healey/cobra done the kit car way. Went to their open day over a decade ago, lovely cars with finished coachwork and interior. The only thing that put me off was the scuttle shake. They have moved forward and I believe they take the running gear from BMW

D

Faux, a couple of things. It says Healey in the brochure so I assume they have a license from them. If so, you are set to go in the USA under the Low Volume Act and your biggest hurdle is done. If not, this project is already in big trouble. Also, unfortunately I agree with all of the above, it will not displace the Cobra. Look at it from the consumer's point of view. They finally have $40,000 liquid to buy the car of their dreams and there are a lot of mediocre choices, does this have what makes them choose it over all of the more proven others, Cobra, GTM, etc? Regardless, there will be some kind of market but when you say "If promoted correctly", are you willing to spend six figures and the next few years in an attempt to get back to zero?

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    Faux, a couple of things. It says Healey in the brochure so I assume they have a license from them. If so, you are set to go in the USA under the Low Volume Act and your biggest hurdle is done. If not, this project is already in big trouble. Also, unfortunately I agree with all of the above, it will not displace the Cobra. Look at it from the consumer's point of view. They finally have $40,000 liquid to buy the car of their dreams and there are a lot of mediocre choices, does this have what makes them choose it over all of the more proven others, Cobra, GTM, etc? Regardless, there will be some kind of market but when you say "If promoted correctly", are you willing to spend six figures and the next few years in an attempt to get back to zero?
    76MX, Thanks for your response ! And thanks for all the responses . First let me explain that the ENIGMA Healey has been licensed by The Healey company . And there has been much work and development on this car . The ENIGMA has been under development since 2012 and they have gone through many refinements . The car are Hand assembled at a facility in the UK and then sent To the United states in Cargo containers ( 6 completed car fit in the container ). Although these cars are available as a complete kit, they expect to sell 90% of them as finished /completed low volume vehicles. They are not looking to " displace the Cobra replicas" but I believe the ENIGMA can coexist with the Cobra knock offs and take as much as 10% of the sales away from them. Many people that buy the Cobra replicas , buy them as finished cars. Some through Superformance outlets and others through Ebay and other outlets that don't exactly give the buyer that "Warm and Fuzzy " Feeling. It is tough to buy finished Cobra for the $40,000. dollar mark you mentioned , and the quality of the cars can run from a disaster to a well built car built in someones garage. You can't find a Superformance car for under $80K and then you still have a a car without roll up windows, a reliable convertible top that seals at the windshield and at the windows. I have built over 2 dozen Cobra replicas since 1995 and the very Best one that I built at a licensed facility in California was still a bit primitive as far as comfort and year round usability. The cabins of the ENIGMA are a s comfortable as being in a BMW Z4 with electric windows , comfortable seats , cruise control, excellent audio system, heated seats, A/C Full instrumentation , and the list goes on and on. Anybody that wants the Visceral grunt of the 1,G handling of a Cobra replica and the noise of the side exhaust reverberating into the drivers cabin will most likely purchase a Cobra replica.
    BTW I have built some FFR GTM's and most of the GTM's that I have had the chance to look at closely are an ametures attempt to build a $250,000 super car. Your Chupacabra car is leaps and bounds ahead of the GTM's, Cobras and most other LV vehicles. I think your years of refinement and professionalism , along with lots of money ,will reward you and the Chupacabra car .
    To answer your question about spending six figures to promote the ENIGMA, I can tell you that the company in The UK has already spent well into those six figures and is poised to help promote this car through a series of US distributors. Anybody want to ride the wave ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerrous View Post
    http://www.sebringinternational.co.uk/mx

These guys have been going for ages, this is the austin healey/cobra done the kit car way. Went to their open day over a decade ago, lovely cars with finished coachwork and interior. The only thing that put me off was the scuttle shake. They have moved forward and I believe they take the running gear from BMW

D
    Dangerrous, The ENIGMA is not the same as the Sebring company that you mentioned. Take a look at the link provided in my opening post . Thanks