Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning to import and sell Kit Cars (Help needed please)

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    manufacture all the components and assemble them together ,no engine or transmission
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    after 4 post ,this forum stopped me from posting live or private messages
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Listen to what everyone is telling you , do not install the drivetrain overseas . You can keep one drivetrain in the foreign country to make sure the car works properly , but then remove it and import the kit. The final installation of the drivetrain must occur in USA

Thank you everyone for you valuable inputs and information.

Again Italian KR is correct. The best way is no engine or trans in the car to ship it over.
    Also true about liabilities.

Mk1 Lotus exiges may or may not, have been brought into the US by this very method... with engines by different shipment and then the engine from car A, put into car B, the engines having receipts from a different person who sold the chassis. Cough, cough.

In your case, if the frame is not related to any donor (scratch built) you could have it all built and assembled, engine and trans pulled, shipped to the US in separate cases (preferred but not essential) with invoices and receipts from different entities.

Supply such to customer for easy assembly or find a third party willing to assemble.

Otherwise the testing that is required for even a low volume car will make your head spin. Door lock testing for theft anyone? Not to mention big cost tests like crash testing etc as IKR mentioned.

Registration of such cars can get interesting.
    One instance took me 9 months of to and fro with the department of public safety. Itís good to understand the rules for the first state that will give you the new vin.
    I was told multiple times that in this case, the car was a race car and not suitable for road.

Luckily there is no definition for race car in either the insurance database or in our local statutes. I built the car according to the local statutes and therefore, they eventually gave in.
    Last edited by MunkyKing; 07-13-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Planning to import and sell Kit Cars Help needed please

Yes, this is something I would like to know as well. I now know how to use the export import system thanks to someone in another topic but that doesnt help with exporting progress from a previous version that didnt have the system and relied on saveword. If you have any kind of concerns concerning where and the best ways to utilize Can US players play on PokerStars , you could contact us at our own page

Get out of here spammer