Thread: what do you do to protect your car from????

what do you do to protect your car from????

hey there for anyone here who has a very low replica kit such as a lambo or anything that low to the ground . what do you do to prevent it from hitting the floors,roads, speed bumps, pot holes,and just driving out of a deep driveway such as gas stations or your own drive way. any suggestions on how to protect the front bumper from getting messed up? thanks

Re:what do you do to protect your car from????

I remember that D&R had a strong extended tube frame with 2 small rubber wheels. They were located just under the front bumper, as close to the front as possible and sticking out just enough to touch the ground and lift the front end of the car before the fiberglass would hit. You couldn't see them unless you looked under the car.

sounds cool . i hope my d&r kit comes with them . let me check and get back to you. ;D

I have a D&R SV Replica and the wheels will not come with it. The wheels are actually John Deer lawn mower deck wheels you have to make brackets and weld them on. The process is not that difficult to do. You can not see the wheels unless you get really low. I have yet to test them as my car is not driveable yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KWUN
    I have a D&R SV Replica and the wheels will not come with it. The wheels are actually John Deer lawn mower deck wheels you have to make brackets and weld them on. The process is not that difficult to do. You can not see the wheels unless you get really low. I have yet to test them as my car is not driveable yet.
    let us know when you test them. i wonder is wheels enough? do they make any type of thin metal sheet to put on the bottom to prevent damage from daily usage? i know they have them for the saleen s7. hows your lambo coming along? tell us about what peoples reactions are on the road? ;D

Wild Rides uses an air lift setup to lift the front when you need to. Seems very simple and effective.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KitKar
    Wild Rides uses an air lift setup to lift the front when you need to. Seems very simple and effective.
    yes thats what i will get. thanks