Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB or Find A F355 for $3500

WTB or Find A F355 for $3500

8)Looking for a F355 Coupe Version for a Fiero, for under $3500 dollars, people are getting nuts and prices seem outrageous for what companies want. Do not post http://www.PaulsExotics.com, they may be great kits but what a price tag. Shipping is on top plus everything else that guys have been saying about distant purchases.
    Please help I have been searching for awhile and need help, hey possibly MEAT can assist in this nature.
    Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Kip

Re:WTB or Find A F355 for $3500

Hi Kip and Welcome to the forume.Money can be tight for some of use at times.Here are two web sights that may be of interest.When ever possible,contact you credit card company or pay pal and to to a representative about insurance.Rule number one if it looks like junk,it usually is.Rule number 2 procede with caution,there is always the occasional scammer.Rule number three ask plenty of questions.Rule number 4.Always use extreme caution with a company that is a mystery,Fails to respond to E-mail in a timely maner.Claims to own a shop in Texis but the the telephone prefix is listed Florida.Promisses you the world but comes up emty handed.Rule number 5.don't always jump at the first kit you see,get a second opinyon from a trusted friend.Lets get to the technical side of this,what are your automotive skills?Some kits require a strech,(cutting the chassie and lengthing it).Kits can be baught in one of three ways.1.a fiber glass body,requireing a doner car.2 A partially built kit car were the owner lost interest,or due to financial reasons decided to sell.3 Turn key- a kit car fulley built and ready to go my the kit manufacturer,(but is usually pricey).There is a kit for every budget,so take your time.How important is it to you to actually build it your self?It can be much cheeper if you purchas a kit and car thats is partually completed,some are 90% finished.If this is your first kit and want to see things develope fast then I would recommed buying a partually built kit,that is as complete as possible (because tires and rims can easily run well over $1000) and don't forget TAKE YOUR TIME,Ive seen fiberglass bodies resting on custome rims and at first glance it looks like it's driveable,but in fact, it hasn't even been started.Heres a couple of links for starters.
    http://listings.ebaymotors.com/aw/pl...249/index.html
    http://www.kitcars.com/
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

007, good feed back!!!!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

pauls exotics is kinda famous around here,in the consumer alerts section.

If you are interested on Ferrary 355 Spyder kit, here is what I have for sale: Complete Body Kit of Ferrari 355 Spyder to fit on a 3" streched Fiero - the bottom rocker are NOT separate and don't know who the Mftr. is. However, I purchased a set of replica rocker panel from one of the member from this forum so you can modify the body kit to have separate rocker panels. Here is the list of components:
    1. Hood with inner line already installed and the bolts for the pop-up light embedded to the fiberglass
    2. Front fenders and Bumper - It used to be a single piece, but I made the fenders separate from the front bumper
    3. Side view mirrors
    4. Door Skin (R/H and L/H)
    5. Replica Rocker Panels (R/H and L/H)
    6. Rear quarter panels (R/H and L/H)
    7. Rear Bumper (the bumper and the quarter panels are separate piece - currently they are bolt on together)
    8. Rear decklid
    9. Front Pop-Up Headlight Covers (R/H and L/H)
    10. A set of 1980-1982 Corvette Tail ligths (4 Pcs.)
    10. 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 4 speed V6 already stripped - Clean title but it has transmission leak - An extra rebuilt transmission is included

The condition of the kit compare to Air Dynamic is VERY POOR. I would say that this kit is one of the first generation Ferrari 355 Spyder kit. Therefore, it will require lots of work in making the body line and smooth. Expect to spend extra money on body work and paint compare to Air Dynamic kit.

But here is the good thing: The price for all of the above item is $3,000. The kit and car is located in Corona, CA.

i would love to see some pics if you have some
    i am interested!

I will post some pictures tomorrow....

Thanks for your interest....

did you cut the lower rocker off of the bacl already?
    or is there just no body lines down there on your kit?
    has the car been streched or supported yet?
    why are you selling it?
    is it realy that that wavy?

The car has not been streched or supported. The bottom part of the back, the lower door scoop, and the bottom of the front fender has not been cut. There was not line from the beginning, reason why I purchased the separate rocker panels. THE CAR IS FOR SALE ONLY UNTIL THE END OF THIS WEEK. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to pressure you to purchase my kit. Remember, there always going to be deals for F355 kits in this forum; so you may want to wait and do more research before buying a kit. Or you may want to consider Air Dynamics kits if you are looking for simple/easy good quality kit.

Thanks,
    AK